Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MadisonP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 07:36 AM
    Anonymity on House Deed/Public Records?
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to not have my name on my house deed because it is a public record and can be looked up easily by surnames? (this is for personal safety concerns)
    Would purchasing the home in the name of a Trust or LLC work?
    Any other ideas?

Thank you for your help.

Madison
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2005, 07:39 AM
    No to the first part, yes to the 2nd.

Transferring the ownership to a Trust (that, of course, you are the administer of) is the way to go.

Using a company name is not recommended, as the registrant, owner or officer info of a company is able to be learned though public records also.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2005, 08:38 AM
    Trust
    The owner of property is public info

You can do a trust, a coporation, a business, of something.

But remember the owner of these are also public knowledge also, so it can be traced back to you. It is harder to do but still can be done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can juvenile records be used against you as an adult? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey I'm curious to know if you have a juvenile record but are now an adult and have no adult record. Can your juvenile record be brought up in court as evidence? Or is everything in your juvenile record irrelevant and will be thrown out if you are an adult? Thanks, -pegs-

School records [ 2 Answers ]

How long are schools required to hold on to a student's withdrawl records. We have student withdrawl records formthe 1980's and 90's. Thanks

How to add spouses name to deed on house... [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how to go about adding my name to the deed of our house. Who would I see... realtor, title company... and what forms do we need to fill out?

Need to Deed a House back to the bank [ 5 Answers ]

I currently own 2 properties and I need to sell one of them. It is a condo in Howell MI. We have tired everything to try and sell the property from paying closing costs to increasing the commission for the agents selling or buying the property. We have run out of ideas and money and now we need to...

"public records" [ 3 Answers ]

When a search for "public records" is done on Yahoo! 229 million results come back. The majority of the results are for companies that offer public records searches for a fee. If they are public records, why is there a fee? Where are they getting their information?

View more questions Search