Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blogger151 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 09:50 PM
    Yes Stink Bugs can bite:

This article goes into detail about it: <a href="http://www.getridofstinkbugsnow.com/dostinkbugsbite.html">do stink bugs bite</a>
    mlbbtn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 01:38 PM
    I smashed one that crawled up my leg under my slacks and it did bite and create a rash that has lasted off and on for over TWO MONTHS! Anyone else have this problem?
    JeffreyW75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 05:12 PM
    They definitely bite. One was trapped in my pants near my rear-end when I put them on, left his smell and a nice welt on my right cheek. And it still hurts after half a day. Researchers are wrong. Maybe they only do it as a last resort, or only when trapped, not sure. But they bite, and it hurts.
    shiloblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2011, 07:35 PM

One night I was awakened by a terrible smell... the all too familiar smell of a stink bug. I was still half asleep and did not feel one on me, but knew it must be there somewhere because the smell was sooo strong. I went back into bed and continued to smell the odor, and then felt a strange burning sensation on my neck. Well, the next morning I didn't notice anything but all of a sudden my neck was itching like crazy and I felt two lumps. I ran to the bathroom and saw NOT ONE BUT TWO yellowish orangish marks... BOTH SHAPED LIKED A STINKBUG. Apparently, I trapped or smooshed one on the side of my neck while I was asleep and it had emitted its stinky stuff while it was trying to move. I had these two burns for about 2.5 weeks and then they scabbed and healed up. HOWEVER, I AM NOW LEFT WITH TWO DARK SCARS (one still looks like a stinkbug). It is not a bite that caused this. This was a result of what they release. I have been branded by stinkbugs but it looks like a vampire got me.
    MyAnswer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 07:52 AM
    I live in Tehran. There are some stink bugs in our yard especially in Summers. I realized they do like to sit on clothes in our balcony.Once when I was wiping my body after taking bath, I felt sudden stink on my hand and when I looked at it, I saw a yellow spot (in dime size) on my skin. I was shocked and I start to find a SNAKE in our bathroom but when I looked around I saw a stink bug on my towl. I was happy to not see a snake but I screamed: "They bite!!!!!".

storm chaser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 02:09 PM
    I was mowing the lawn and felt a horrible prick on my thumb and freaked out. I looked down to see a blue stink bug on my leg and I flicked him off then stepped on him. It hurt like nothing I have ever felt before. I have tried everything to take away the pain but nothing works. It feels like someone keeps sticking me with needles in my thumb. It is a little swollen and red but nothing to cause concern. I just wish the pain would go away! Ugh.
    jhoar25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 07:16 PM
    Jgvkfgmjjbhhggj
    BugzExpertz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Stink bugs don't bite. Their foul secretions can cause itching, swelling, redness, burning, etc.
    batmansblonde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 08:12 PM
    I went to bed the other day, and laid on a stink bug. I found out it was a stink bug when I felt an irritation under my back. I figured there was a crumb or something under my back so I swept my hand under my back to sweep it out from under me and almost had a melt down when I realized it was a stink bunk that I was sweeping out from under me.

Within a minute the right side of my back was burning like it was on fire. Later, when I awoke I realized I had a dime sized swelling on my back where I laid on this bug. About the size of a stink bug. I think whatever stuff this thing excretes burned my back.
    aimdizzle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 02:32 PM
    Based on my experience, I have reason to believe that it's not actually the stink bug biting you, but the bug's juices that are burning/reacting with the skin. I was enjoying a beautiful fall day sitting on a park bench, when a stink bug flew down my shirt without my realization. When I felt a tickle, I scratched it, and consequently squished the bug. At first I thought the worst of my troubles was the smell, but then I felt the intense burning, like a jellyfish sting. When I got home, I saw a figure 8 shaped red mark on my chest with yellow discolorization in the middle (just as the rest of you have described). But that wasn't all. There was a trail of similarly painful teardopped-shaped red marks all down my front from where, I assume, the squished bug had tumbled down my front and out of my shirt. This proves that it must be the guts/juices that cause the sores.
    bigdave1235 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 12:31 PM
    Could it be the cyanide in the bugs stink defense that makes the skin kinna blister and burn a little?
    punkavich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 07:51 PM
    After rolling onto my back while sleeping, I was woken up by a sharp needle like pain on my right shoulder blade. I smelled a stink bug odor immediately. I quickly looked around, saw nothing. Then took off my shirt and there was a stink bug in my shirt. It fell out of my shirt, dead. It almost felt like a bee sting but with a radiatingly deep pain, not just surface pain. The area was red about 3" and 3". I had a hard time falling back to sleep with the pain and stinging. In the morning (this morning)the area has a perfectly round red ring about the size of a dime, with one part of it having a small round dot on the top part of the ring. Is this the bite area? I currently have twinges of pain and stinging, once in awhile it itches as well. It's very weird. Might get doctor to look at it tomorrow. We probably should all have these incidents documented so doctors can work on what to do about helping the bite areas to heal faster. Ihave a feeling these stink bugs aren't going away anytime soon!
    telk30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 06:07 PM
    http://njaes.rutgers.edu/stinkbug/faq.asp
    Follow this link for more stink bug info
    sreilly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 07:16 PM
    When I got out of the shower today I grabbed my towel and began to dry my face. I was then bit not once but twice by a huge stink but that was on my towel. I have 2 red areas on my forehead that burn, so yes they do bite!
    slsimms05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
    My 2 1/2 year old son woke up with a dime sized, rust-colored spot on his thigh. It was yellowish brown, almost like a bruise, but the texture of a burn. We have been fighting these stink bugs for 2 years now and I am certain that's what it was. He had no symptoms, however, and said it didn't bother him. It has been 5 days now, and it seems to be getting smaller and is developing a burn like scab. Very weird... but thus far, hasn't had any symptoms of fever or noticeable fatigue.
    scarlettsd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 02:25 PM
    I'm so happy I found everyone's stories on here! Last night I was sleeping and I felt something under my left arm, it was irritating, almost as if there was a crumb or something in the bed, but this would have been a pretty large crumb! It's in the middle of the night so it was dark. I ran my hand over the sheet and felt whatever it was and picked it up (siiiiick!! ) and kind of felt it between my fingers (still didn't know what it was at this point and I'm half asleep. Gross!) and it made almost a tissue paper noise and I freaked out and threw it. Andi t smelled so bad! Of course my hubby is sleeping right through all of this. I got up and turned the light on and there was a stink bug on the floor. I woke my husband up and told him and he's like "oh it's just a stink bug". I'm from San Diego so I'm not hip to all the bugs of the world. I've seen them plenty of times but I didn't know they were stink bugs.
    Anyway, I checked my arm because it felt irritated and tender and I saw the orangish/reddish mark that so many people have talked about on here (mine was very orange). I had never seen that before! I was like what the heck is that? Like an idiot I licked my finger and tried to rub at it and then did it again and was so perplexed. So I laid in bed unable to sleep and I felt itchy all over from the experience. About a half hour later I started to feel achy and a little feverish and my throat hurt. Whatever left the mark must have gotten into my system by me licking my finger; idiot!! I told my husband I wasn't crazy! Well today is the following day and I feel kind of crappy- like I'm at the beginning stages of coming down with the flu. The mark doesn't feel like anything (not itchy or painful) but the mark is still there. Hope this goes away soon and that I can sleep tonight =/
    DIAMONDDAWN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 08:18 PM
    I was playing a video game when a stink bug landed on my finger. I did not want to mess up my game so decided to wait a few seconds before trying to get it off my hand. Well then the damn thing bit or stung me whichever it does but it hurt like hell and got a little raised bump. I had no idea they could bite. Looked on internet and gatherd that its not a big deal but just hurts!
    jenny811888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2012, 05:53 PM
    I was just sitting here on the computer and I went to brush my hair back with my fingers and I felt something slide across my hand as my fingers passed through my hair. So I looked down to see what had fallen through my hair, and there it was, a nasty stink bug. I freaked out about it, and now a spot on my head burns. Am I going to be okay?
    meem13hoop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 12:25 PM
    Well, this has been very interesting and instructive. I live in NJ so naturally we have the little stinky ones here in force. It seems from all the posts that the critters give off a very toxic substance from their bodies somehow, and it causes all sorts of itching, burning feelings and leaves dime size red marks that turn yellow, etc. Nasty for those who experience it. (I have just picked them up with a paper towel and squashed them and thrown them in the garbage.) But a scientist from Rutgers told me they will be with us for another 15 years, great news huh. So what I'm wondering is whether some use could be made or some useful drug extracted from this nasty, toxic substance. You science guys better get on it. You could be the stinkbug pioneers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relaxers stink! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok... Im mixed black and white... My hair use to be really curly and then I got a relaxer... When I got the relaxer it made it so my hair isn't curly anymore and it just looks stupid... I have to wear my hair straightened all the time now... I was wondering if there is a way I could get a perm to...

My dogs stink! [ 31 Answers ]

Hello fellow dog lovers, I have a pair of 7 year old Pekingnese dogs that I got from the SPCA last June. They have dry skin and do the itchy-scratchy thing that we are still trying to diagnose. Just finished the special super-expensive prescription dog food only 6 week trial, etc. Although...

Logarithms stink [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone that knows how to solve logarithms would be able to help me solve log2(x+2) the second two is the base. I know most of the rules I just can't seem to get the right answer. :eek:

Stink in bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

Our bathroom has a foul odor coming from it. We have done all the required troubleshooting that we know of. We have no clog or hair in drain but asmell is coming from under the sink. It's almost like it is in the cabinet below the sink. We are on a slab and have pulled the shelf up and nothing is...

No water! And I stink! [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, I live in a double-wide in the mountains of North Carolina. This problem occurs when it gets cold-cold-cold, but not all the time (I'm fairly certain it's not a freezing problem). Our water comes from a well, with a separate circuit for the pump (breaker located in my main power supply box)....

View more questions Search