Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grammylu4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2016, 03:29 PM
    Had urine test and alcohol was found, I don't drink. Why did this happen?
    My pain management dr took a urine test and it came back positive for alcohol. I do not drink how can this happen? I am a female 69 yr old. He says if it happens again he will no longer treat me. Help
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 30, 2016, 04:58 PM
    Why would he stop treating you because alcohol is found in your urine? Are you restricted, because of health issues, from drinking alcohol?

This test must have been a very sensitive test if it detected alcohol when you don't drink alcohol.

ETG tests can detect alcohol if you use products with alcohol in them, like cough medicine, mouthwash, etc. etc on a regular basis. But a normal urine test would not detect those things.

Either the test is wrong, or you're not being honest about your alcohol consumption. Either way, your doctor has the right to remove you as a patient at any time.

Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 30, 2016, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Why would he stop treating you because alcohol is found in your urine? .
    Due to increased use and abuse, pain doctors are required to release patients from treatment if they don't meet certain criteria.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many minutes after a drink of alcohol does it take to show in urine test [ 2 Answers ]

How many minutes after a drink of alcohol does it take for it to show in a urine test??

What can I drink or do to pass a alcohol urine test? [ 6 Answers ]

I am on probation and drank beers on Wed night and g to probation Friday at p! I there anything can drink or do to get this alcohol out of my system?

I ate lobster bisque and found out it has alcohol, will I fail the EtG urine test ? [ 11 Answers ]

I have an EtG urine test tomorrow and I ate lobster bisque tonight. I didn't know it had sherry in it and now Im freaking out. I know this test picks up on alcohol in the past 80 hours not how much it was. So with wine being in this soup would it fail the urin test?

How was I tested positive for alcohol in my urine test if I don't drink? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm Pregnant and don't drink at all...

If I have not had a drink in 88 hours will I pass a alcohol urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I was on the clean and sober. I relapsed Thursday. Regretably so but I am sober again . My fear now is that I have a urine test tomorrow at 2pm and don't know if I will pass. Any info on this. It will be 88 hours since I have had a drink. Thanks for any info you may have!!

View more questions Search