Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Munchkin84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Green Water.
    [F]My inlaws have a 12,000 gallon above ground pool. They left it uncovered all winter and of course the water turned deep green. We cleaned it out (it was full of frogs) about 2 months ago, returned the water level to the proper depth, and hooked the filter back up. We have shocked it 5 times, poured bleach in it 3 times, added clarifier, changed the sand in the filter, flushed all the hoses with bleach and water, backflushed the filter at least 10 times, and added various PH chemicals. NOTHING IS WORKING!!!!! Does anyone have any idea how we can get this pool clear again, or do you think we should change the water completely? They have to have the pool ready by June 10th and I am out of ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    aWilmoth1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 10:41 AM
    The best thing is to take a sampling of your water to a pool dealer. Take a sampling of the water in a ziplock plastic bag. At the pool "place" they will test it and give you a print out of what you will need to purchase or use to clear the water up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green hot water [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter lives in Philly. The hot water tap in the third floor bathtub discharges water with a distinctive green color. This is the only tap that runs green in the house. The lines are copper. What are some possible causes and solutions?

Green Water and a Red Bump [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 55 gal fish tank and have had it for over a year I use to have a few dozen fish in there, lobsters, snails, frogs and a algae eater lately after a tragic moving episode my numbers have significantly dropped but now I am having a problem I never encountered before my water is all green and...

Green pool water [ 1 Answers ]

I bought an 18 x 48 easy set pool about 3 weeks ago. Our well water has iron in it and when I added the chlorine it turned a very ugly brown and then murky green color! I have been to the pool supply, had my water tested, shocked, added metal out, vacuumed every day, and change my filter twice a...

Blue-green water staining [ 4 Answers ]

There is a marked Blue-green stain that develops in the shower stall, less so in the kitchen and bathroom sinks. I'm assuming it is a reaction triggered by the hot water. I'm also asking not just because it requires more cleaning, but my hairdresser says that it also creates a layer on my hair!...

View more questions Search