Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fireniz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Help me figure this out
    I have been in a physical relation with this guy and we're great together.. the chemistry and everything... we lived together (with other friends around) for about 7 months and then he had to leave to another place and since then we video chat and talk on phone everyday.. hes coming over to visit me next month.. all this looks good... but the problem is whenever I ask him - I need to know where this is going.. he says he's got no clue.. says he doesn't believe in commitment.. and one day he said we have to stop if you're expecting stuff because he doesn't want to hurt me.. and then again we never spoke about it.. and things are the usual ( great going actually!)... I really really like this guy.. and he does too, I can tell.. but what's with this commitment thingy? BTW this guy is a player.. but hasn't had any flings after he met me..
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 09:33 AM

At least be happy he is being honest with you and not building your hopes so they can come crashing down on you.

It seems he doesn't want a commitment. If you can live with a relationship like this sometimes they work well.

But if he is a player like you say, expect flings and other women to come into the picture.

I think you should give it a lot of thought to see if you can go on like this. It can be OK but usually is too much to deal with in the long run.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 09:46 AM

I don't understand why you would be in a PHYSICAL relationship with a guy you think is a player? My dear, YOU are the fling, and how do you know he is faithful to you?

Having said all that, what do you expect from him after only 7 months, lived together, and now separated by space? I can bet he is visiting for a good time and more of that PHYSICAL, you both so much enjoy.

For sure he doesn't have to commit to you, so how did you think being PHYSICAL, would lead too a commitment in the first place.

Don't you think the commitment should have come before the PHYSICAL? Maybe that's all he wants is the physical.
    and one day he said we have to stop if you're expecting stuff because he doesn't want to hurt me
    If its commitment you want, he ain't the one to give it to you. Better enjoy the PHYSICAL because that's all he has for you.
    Oddboots Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Jul 17, 2010, 09:41 PM
    Listen to what he's saying. He doesn't want a commitment.

That's where it's going.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 09:47 PM

You're asking to be hurt. He has been honest with you. Back off and leave him alone if you are expecting anthing else.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
    First of all, the guy isn't a player because he isn't interested in long term commitment.

What? Every person who ever had sex with someone who wasn't The One is a player?

Bzzzz.

He is right and so are you. You just aren't right together.

Its fine to say "im not ready for a long term committment"... hell... as mentioned, its even refreshingly healthy, even if its not what you want.

If the guys a player, he tells you what you want to hear. This guy said "this is it... this is what im ready to give"...

... and...

That doesn't mean it has to be right with you. You clearly are too deep in for this... you Like him a little too much for your own good... he has the power. You are a little off balance.

So... I've had one really great love when it was Really Bad Timing. We were great together. Sex was awesome. We had great fun outside the bedroom. We talked and engaged and we seemed to really connect easily. Just no work needed.

But it was lousy timing, on her side. She was about 6 years younger than me, at 20, and wasn't ready to settle down. Our "not ready to settle down" relationship lasted two years exclusive. But ultimately, she had to bail. Wasn't ready for anything long term and needed some room to wander.

Hurt like hell at the time. I made the hard cut. But it was time... I was done with being in limbo. Now... today... I don't regret that one bit... don't regret the time spent, the heartache, or walking away when I was too "off balance"...

It was nice. Easy. Fun. Often fantastic. But bad timing. She at least had her head about her and was willing to say "i can only do this much"...

Your boy might be all that and a bag o' chips, but he has pretty clearly said this isn't long term... so... if you stay, its on you. Not him. He isn't playing you... he is telling you where he is at...

And, as odd as it might seem, a person can be in a comfortable place and be willing to step into the unknown... that's where he is... content to be with you, willing to lose you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion figure n normal figure [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between a fashion figure and a normal figure.

Can you figure out what is up with me? [ 2 Answers ]

So here's my situation: For the past month and a half, I have had a dry, nostop cough, frequent vomiting, dizziness, and migranes. I have seen several doctors since I have gotten this whateveritis. One says that it is a throat infection, another says it is a sinus infection, and another one has...

I can't figure it out [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, for school we have some unproctored tests that we have to take. However, we HAVE to use Explorer, as the site does not work with FF apparently. These are patient-nurse scenario based programs and pop-ups must be turned off. Well, I HAVE turned off my pop-ups, but apparently I still can't...

I can't figure out what to try next [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Smith (cast iron boilers) oil furnace. Several of the parts are labeled Honeywell. I hadn't used it this year yet because of finances, then once I was able to get oil delivered I had to wait as there was water in cellar. Finally the oil supplier came and said the boiler and chimney base...

I can't figure out who it's by! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

.:confused: I have been trying to figure out who this song is by and what it is called. It's a rock song sung by a guy really high pitched on the chorus and some of the lyrics are... "All I want, all I want is a little place of my own where I can rest my head." It's been on my mind forever, and...

View more questions Search