Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkaiser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 05:38 PM
    Is my 1935 Silver Certificate worth anything?
    I have a 1935 series D siver certificate with the word Washington spelled Washengton. Is it worth anything?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2011, 08:56 PM

Tkaiser-if the silver certificate is the one I think it is ; because you did not say what the denomition of it is and silver certificates came in different denomintions,[ note] therer was four (4)different[ series D ]bills printed in 1935;; now the difference in them is ,[#1-the 1935 series D notes were produced with backs of two(2) different widths, with the wide variety1/16inch larger then the narrow one.[notes]-with the wide disignhave a [ 4]
    -digit plate number of [ 5015];; also you did not say if there was a small STAR ( * ) at
    the start of the serial number or at the end of the serioal number;; if there is they are more vauleable then the regular bill, it is called a [star ] note or a replacement note ,
    howthis comes about is that durning the printing of paper money if one is damaged durning the printing it is tsaken out and recorded in a log book and then put in the furnace and burnned,and another note is printed and is just like the one that they just burnned except it has the stars on the front as I said just above, That is why they are more vauleable;;oh you can find this on any [denomination of paper money ;; [NOTE}-
    the condition and grade is what says what thevvalue of a coin or a note of paper currency;; I want you to gfo to this site where I havewhat you will need to find out what grade and conditioinyour note is and the grade of it is then wwe can figure the real value is for the one you have go to this site and follow vthe instructions ;after you have it come back and let me knownext line;;----
    1.9)how do you grade the condition of paper moner ;;;; I hope that I have helped you with your QUESTION:: HAVE A HAPPY AND SAVE NEW YEAR AND BLESS GOD ::F.B.E.
    zamary Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 09:14 AM
    I have a 1935B one dollar silver certificate bill with a star in front of the series number is it worth anything
    zamary Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zamary View Post
    I have a 1935B one dollar silver certificate bill with a star in front of the series number is it worth anything
    could it worth anything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 dollar bills with silver certificate on them dated 1935 C and 1935 D [ 2 Answers ]

I have dollar bills 2 1 dollar bills that has the silver certificate on the top. 1 has a date of 1935 C and appears in good condition with folded creases in it. The other 1 is dated 1935 D it appears a little more worn. Just wondering if they are worth hanging on to. Thanks

1935 G series silver certificate [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1935 G series s/n c20059658J has Washington misspelled what is it worth?

What Is the Value of a 1935 A Silver Certificate? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 5 dollar silver certificate bill. Series is 1935 A, serial # D88178414A (ink is blue) Robert B Anderson secretary of treasury with a Blue Seal. I was wanting to know the value if at all possible.

1935 $1 Silver Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a US $1 Silver Certificate, 1935 D, that I just received in change at a donut shop, and was curious as to it's value (if more than $1)? My father is 80 years old and was quite excited about the find! Thanks!

View more questions Search