Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meganchan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Alternatives to drip pan?
    I just bought a front load washing machine which is installed on the second floor, which is carpeted. The install man said I couldn't put the washer on the drip pan because it would ruin the washer from it shaking too much because of the carpet. I was hoping someone would have a solution/alternative as I've read that a drip pan is highly recommended for second story units.

Thanks,
    MC
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 07:50 PM

I'm afraid I don't understand why the drip pan wouldn't work. Sure washing machines vibrate, but so what? Is the washer sitting on carpet?
    meganchan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Yes, it is carpeted, which is what is causing the issue. When I put the washing machine on the drip pan on top of the carpet there is too much slack when it goes on the spin cycle, causing the whole machine to shake. It's better when I put it directly on the carpet, but since it is a second story unit, I'm hesitant not to have any drip pan and am therefore asking about alternative/other suggestions.

Thanks,
    Mc
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2009, 04:51 AM

I don't like the idea of a washing machine sitting on carpet at all. If it were my installation, I'd remove the carpet in that area and put vinyl under the washing machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alternatives for Sandwiches [ 32 Answers ]

Hello there, was looking for alternatives to sandwiches... anything different, warm, tasty etc... sandwiches get very very boring!! Many thanks

Alternatives to Bankruptcy? [ 4 Answers ]

I have over $100k in revolving debt (between my wife & I), and yes, we are considering filing bankruptcy. I would rather try and work something out w/ my creditors, like settling for less than amt owed, or having them reduce their rediculously high interest rates or fees but they don't seem to...

Alternatives to sex? [ 7 Answers ]

Since I can't seem to win my boyfriend over in bed, is there anyway I can bring my libido down... I've tried "doing it myself" but that just puts me in the mood even more, and with me being pregnant my hormones are driving me bonkers. There is absolutely no way I can change his mind so is there...

BK Alternatives [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am at a point where I have to file BK. What if I do not file BK and let the creditors sue me? What happens in order? Do I have to show up at court each time I get sued? I have no problem if they enter a judgement against me. I live in California. Thanks for your detailed explanations ...

Alternatives to bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I don`t have enough debt to file for bankruptcy,only @ $500. Any alternatives?

View more questions Search