Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janakaysaxton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2018, 08:20 AM
    Whistleblower confidentiality
    I made a fraud report to EOIR(concerning a relief petition) They responded and said it was on a docket for this individual awaiting deportation proceedings. I decided that my information was not 100% accurate, and also feel unsafe if I don't have confidentiality. I have asked them by email if I am to be exposed as "whistleblower", and have not heard back.
    What are my rights to remain confidential in connection to reports?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 31, 2018, 08:50 AM
    Are you an employee or investigator for this agency or any other? As a private citizen you have no whistleblower protection. However this is the confidentiality laws that may apply to you

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/...0-0-34578.html

It's highly discretionary by the board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HR confidentiality [ 4 Answers ]

I opened an employee relations investigation through HR at my company. The investigation was considered "high profile" because it involved the CEO's brother. I specifically inquired about confidentiality because the investigation involved my family (I'm married to the CEOS brother). We are all...

Confidentiality? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Arkansas. Can my gynecologist tell my parents I'm not a virgin? I'm 15.

Employer confidentiality [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Connecticut and in 2009 I worked as an admissions rep for a private medical school and I was terminated for two previous write-ups and the third was for performance. I had no problem with their decision and moved on. Recently I was contacted by a lady who worked there some time after me...

HIPAA law on confidentiality [ 4 Answers ]

I am wondering if it is a hipaa violation for a sleep study agency to disclose sensitive iformation regarding myself to my 12 year old son, and if so what is my legal recourse.

View more questions Search