Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee_1carr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 12:39 PM
    how does a person deal with?
    How can I deal with a older sister that I trying to turn my parents against me? Especially when she is trying to make my mom completely hate me, she is so conniving and I can already see signs of my parents respecting me less and hating me more. Instead of talking to any of them how can I turn the tables on my sister? She has also put this idea in my dads brain that I am after his money because I have been unemployed for about a year so he thinks I'm sitting at home waiting for him to pass the inheritance to me. I am looking for a job and can't wait to get out in the world of work but in the situation I was in in the year I was unemployed she used that to her advantage! I have heard her speak to my mum a few times saying "dont worry it will be us two" which means kicking me out of the equation.. Maybe she is the one after my dads money, so conniving! How should I play this out because I'm sick of it! Everyday I feel as though my parents are pushing further from me and the unemployment thing has greatly gone towards her advantage >:|
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 06:35 PM
    You say you want to turn the table instead of talking.

I think that is exactly the wrong thing to do.

Honest communication is the best way to understand others and have them
    Understand you and how you feel.
    Tell your parents what you have done to find a job, and ask them for ideas.
    That will show them what you are doing and you care about their opinions.
    Do all you can to have family discussions and conversations about what
    Might be troubling each of you.

To not talk and try to "turn the tables" will not look good.
    It may confirm to your parents that you are being sneaky and
    Self serving even though it is not true.

Be honest, communicate, and be up front about everything.
    This is what I would advise you do.

I wish you well.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 06:45 AM
    I agree. Turning the tables, will only verify, by your own actions, that your sister is correct.

Take the high road here, and ignore the growing wedge your sister is making. Let her wallow in her own misery. I would think only a miserable person would be capable of that kind of behaviour in the first place.

Don't play the game. It sounds like she's good at it, but again, it is because of the kind of peson she is. You cannot change her, but you can change how you react to her.

Get a job, and get out. Get two jobs if you have to. Apply for subsidized housing, welfare, get a room mate, rent a room in another house, move in with a relative. You do have options, and being unemployed for a year, you need to get yourself together. Unless you have physical disabilities preventing you from living your own life, on your own, you are choosing to stay. And staying where you are is making you understandably miserable.

Get your calendar, and start moving. You are the only one who can alter and change the course of your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreamt About A Person I didn't Know.1 year later,That person adds me on Facebook.. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a dream two nights ago; But I had this same dream Last Year.. I was walking outside with my granparents and my best friend sam There was a group of spanish guys following us ; and sam said those were '' los cubanos '' (the cubans) it was a gang; And my grandparents , sam and I jumped...

How to deal with braggy person? [ 11 Answers ]

I've met the girlfriend of my friend, she's so proud of her self talking too much about her. She feel that she's the only person who can do great things. I feel she's competing with me, yet I'm humble even she starts talking about her great deeds. Seems like she's waiting for appraisal. Even with...

View more questions Search