Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blusia Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Henna troubles
    Hi-
    I'm having trouble getting my henna recipies quite right. I cannot seem to get my henna very dark at all. I have tried multiple brands of henna and recipies. I have so far tried green and red (I haven't black because of the safety risks). I just can't figure out what the secret ingredient is that makes some places so dark. If you culd help I would be superbly pleased!

Thank you
    blusia
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Feb 27, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blusia
    hi-
    I'm having trouble getting my henna recipies quite right. I cannot seem to get my henna very dark at all. i have tried multiple brands of henna and recipies. i have so far tried green and red (i havent black because of the safty risks). I just can't figure out what the secret ingredient is that makes some places so dark. if you culd help i would be superbly pleased!

thank you
    blusia
    blusia, What media are you painting in? A dark tint may work.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Feb 28, 2007, 07:42 AM
    No! Don't use black henna! (I'm glad you knew that... It's a good thing to know).

Maybe try multiple applications?

Have you used only kits or have you tried with the dried henna leaf plus other separate ingredients? I've heard that most of the kits are pretty weak, but if you make your own, it has more strength.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Feb 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Oh, and I am just going to assume you're talking of the type of henna that you put on your skin and not your hair...

Or any other type of "media."
    blusia Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
    I'm using the leaves and other mixes. I talked to some individuals from a henna website and they have suggested to use fresh henna. They said it makes a lot of a difference. The older the weaker the stain.

Henna Caravan - Henna Artists for your event and Supplies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Color with Henna Dye [ 5 Answers ]

I used Bigen #59 Oriental Black hair dye for about a year now. I loved the color, and I loved having the hair that was so soft and shiney. However, because the color fades, I end up having to reapply over the old to bring it to match the roots. I get tired of this, so I end up with roots about...

Boyfriend troubles once again [ 2 Answers ]

I want to treat my boyfriend like a boyfriend and not like my guy friends what should I do I tease him a lot but he's getting tierd of it what should I do to treat him like a boyfriend

Girlfriend troubles [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm john my girlfriend and I have been dating for about 1 year 3 months now and recently I just can't find it in me to trust her anymore.. in the past I caught her lying about little things not very important I didn't care.. back about 5 months ago I asked her to to talk to this other guy...

Is henna helpful? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Prettylady, Thanku very much for yr advice. I'm going to color my hair black... I just want to know whether I can use,henna permanent dye? And I also want to know will it stay black till my hair grows out?? Thanks Sumana

Troubles: [ 2 Answers ]

Why do troubles and trials exist in this world? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search