Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allan West Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 08:12 PM
    Credit card charge back for breach of contract
    I am disputing charges made on my credit card for services that a consultant promised to provide but did not provide (breach of contract)... a "charge back" was requested by me, and made to the vendor from mastercard.
    Documentaion was sent by the vendor, and a counter response, and evidence was was submitted by me.
    Included in the vendors response,was a request that mastercard "reverse the charge back immediately, and move to PRECOMPLIENCE"... what is meant by "PRECOMPLIENCE,"??
    And,. what is the best action I can take to protect/defend myself from further legal action, loss of time, and expense in protecting myself? Thanks-Allan
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Hello Allan:

Well... You didn't answer the question... DID they reverse the charge back? If they did, then you don't need to defend yourself at all, because nobody wants anything from you. But, you're going to have to sue the guy.

If they didn't, then the bank IS looking out for you.

What is the best action you can take? Everything you just did (and are going to do).

PRECOMPLIANCE?? Who knows? Who cares?? What's important is what the bank DID. In court, nobody is going to be concerned with what PRECOMPLIANCE means. They're going to be more interested in what your contract means.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 09:10 PM
    In a situation like this, your best bet is to notify your credit card company that you will not pay the charge and why. Send them copies of all documentation showing how the contract was breached and how you've attempted to resolve the dispute with the vendor in question. Have these readily available should legal action be taken against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Case Study: Breach of contract [ 7 Answers ]

1. Robinson, a college football player, signed a contract on December 2 with the Detroit Lions, a pro football club. The contract was a standard form that contained a clause stating, "This agreement shall become valid and binding upon each party only when and if it shall be approved by the League...

Credit card problms [ 9 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Georgia I have three credit card companys that I have had credit cards with for a few years. Recently I got into a situation where I was late on my payments, about 45 days. All three creditors jumped from about 10-12% to nearly 30% + fees, this increase made my...

Credit Card Judgement [ 6 Answers ]

What is a credit card judgement and what are my rights?

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search