Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    digo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2017, 09:41 AM
    If my girlfriend is so upset becoz of her step mom
    My girl is adopted and now her step mom is abusing that if you were my original child then you will not do this and bla bla bla . So that she is going like she don't want to live more
    But also she wants to tell me because she thinks that if I will be know about that I will cry that's why she always cries in her mind or heart but she smiles in front of me. So, my question is how can I resolve it and make her happy forever
    Plzz kindly help its so important
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2017, 09:59 AM
    You cannot resolve this for her, she must do it herself. All you can do is be a good empathetic listener, and give her love, and support, as she goes through the learning how to cope with life process.

How old are you both?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2017, 10:27 AM
    First... as was mentioned... this is between her stepmom and her. Your really have no part of this. You aren't going to resolve anything. And I agree with the rest talaniman said and will add a few of my own.

Something REALLY important to remember... and it shows your youth. YOU can't make anyone happy forever... if someone isn't happy with themselves they will never be happy with anyone else... not for long anyway. And forever... is a very, very long time. You have to learn to be happy with what you have... because there are no guarantees in life. You might end up with more, you might end up with less, but you better be happy with what you have because that's all you've got, that's all anyone really has.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 31, 2017, 05:11 PM
    If she is adopted by the woman she is calling her stepmother, that's not true. She's her mother, or adoptive mother, not 'step.'
    Is there a father, and is he adoptive too, or did his adoptive mother marry him later, or what?

You cannot save her. You cannot 'make' her happy. I know this all too well personally.
    No matter how much you love her, do NOT become her protector and savior. She could depend on you more and more for everything, and when you get worn out, she then may REALLY be suicidal.
    If all your time is spent listening to her troubles, you need to back off for your own sake, and insist that she get therapy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step son treating step mom disrespectfully [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old step son. I have been with his dad for six years, and we have been married for three years. I have been through a lot with the boy and his mom since day one. He lived with us for about nine months, but just recently his mom moved about four hours away and he made the...

My dad is never home and step mom talks bad about my mom and step dad, I want to mov [ 4 Answers ]

Im 16 years old, and I live in Ohio. Today topped the list of my life. I have a go cart and I messed up our 700 yard driveway. Before they would let me go to my moms for the weekend I was told to clean up the ruts and stuff I made. So I did. Then my step mom came down and asked me to do all the...

Step-dad has been supporting step son after mom moved out and now want custody [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my step-son since he was 2 bio dad has only seen him a total of 48 hrs in 4 years, bio mom left step son with me and I have supported him by myself with out her for past year. I had to do paperwork so that he could go to school, provided medical and babysitting for him, now bio parents...

Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my...

Upset MOm [ 5 Answers ]

:( My kid's father has not paid child support or did anything for our children in nearly two years. I have paid for child care, medical insurance, dental insurance, school, chlothes, and any else they have needed. What rights does he have? He had gotten into a new relationship and is trying to make...

View more questions Search