Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lifetakerman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Can a mom kick her 12 year old son out of the house just because he did listen
    My friend got kick out of his house because he did not listen to her and threatened him that if he set a foot in her yard she would call the cops is that legal

May 15, 2012, 06:04 PM
    He did not listen
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
    No that is not legal. But why does your friend misbehave?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 15, 2012, 06:34 PM
    This is child abuse and needs to be reported to social services.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2012, 08:59 PM
    I get to disagree with Scott, ( seldom happens) I will place this at child neglect, perhaps how each state defines the crime.

The child calls the police, police turns child over to Juv authorities. He most likely goes into shelter for the night or two, case workers go and talk to the mom and it goes from there.

Next though, I am sorry but at 12, I have seen more 12 year olds run away, because parents were making them behave or taking away their games for not listening. Of course they tell everyone, mom or dad kicked them out, which is a lie. So one needs to hear both sides of the story
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2012, 03:02 AM
    Neglect/abuse, sides of the same coin. It depends on the details. But Chuck is right, this is only one side of the story.

Lifetakernan,

Who are you in this situation? What is your relationship to the child. If the mom did this what about the father. Where did the child go?

May 16, 2012, 11:36 AM
    I'm just a friend and he was not suppose to be outside he forgot he has been living with me and the father said to him talk to his mom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to kick my wife out if my mom owns the house [ 1 Answers ]

My wife cheated on me and she said it was over with the other man but they still text to each other I told her it's done.That she needs to leave the house but she won't I don't know if I can kick her out legally.My mom owns the house we stay in so I don't know if that helps me.

Can my mom kick my husband out of our house? [ 4 Answers ]

I have only been married for five months. My husband doesn't have his green card. We live with my mom and my kids(not his). The house is legally in my name but my mom finically helped me buy the house and helps pay the bills. Can she kick my husband out of the house?

How can I legally kick my 33 year old son out of my house? [ 4 Answers ]

My son and his wife moved in on the premise that they would pay rent and half of the bills to help me through hard times. They have lived with me since September of 2007 and have only eaten me out of house and home and ran my electric bill up. They have probably only paid three bills in the 11...

Can I kick my 16 yr old son out of my house [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 16 yr old son who's still at school, he's shows no respect to myself or his step mum, or any other kids in the house(4 others) he consistently kicks doors and swears all the time, can I kick him out to go and live with his mum, who would have him, and change his schooling in his last year?

My 3 year old son will not listen to me! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 3 year old boy that will turn 4 in December, and he acts like he knows it all!:o He is starting to act very rude towards me and his father. He will not listen to a word we say to him. He will do things on spite,like when we tell him not to throw his toy's or not to hit his...

View more questions Search