Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    preacherswife44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Find my biological mother
    I was adopted when I was about 4 months old. I was born May 27, 1980 in Henrico county Virginia and was adopted through the Catholic Home Bureau in Hampton, VA. My biological mother was white with an Italian background and my father was black. My mother and father dated until she became pregnant and then the relationship ended. My adopted family live in Martinsville, Va. Please tell me how I can find my biological mother because I am having health problems. My name was Sisti Noel and now I have another name.

Gina
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Jun 5, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Hi,
    I hate it when people write things like this. It breaks my heart to know that people like you just want to live a normal life with your actual parents. I will help you, I like to help people. Firstly talk to your foster parents. Tell them about what you feel and explain how you would really love to see your biological mother. If they don't accept, then ask your school council or a different (but trusted) family member. Get him/her to talk to your foster parents. There's not much you could do now-a-days. I'm sorry but that's all I have, if they do accept, then it's all up to you.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 06:55 PM
    You are of age, so I would go to a site like adoption.com that has search lists. You might also go through the agency where you were adopted--many times they have SOME records and may be able to help you.

Good luck with your search!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FrOsT_bItE
    Hi,
    I hate it when people write things like this. It breaks my heart to know that people like you just want to live a normal life with your actual parents. I will help you, i like to help people. Firstly talk to your foster parents. Tell them about what you feel and explain how you would really love to see your biological mother. If they don't accept, then ask your school council or a different (but trusted) family member. Get him/her to talk to your foster parents. There's not much you could do now-a-days. I'm sorry but that's all i have, if they do accept, then it's all up to you.

First you know I hate answers like this, the REAL parents are the adopted parents, the ones that were there when she cried at night, the ones there when she fell off our bike the first time, the ones that was there when she started school, that helped her with her homeworks, that was there when that first boyfriend did her wrong, and was there to watch her graduate high school and maybe college. And to be there when she got married.
    That is what a real parent is. The other people are sperm and egg donors and are not parents at all. A parent is a verb, it is a action that we do.

Next for the poster have you discussed this with your parents, often they may know more than they are telling. Next what is the medical condition, normally in our world of medical testing, seldom does the medical history of a birth parent have much bearing any longer. Not saying your case does not, but very few things any longer than effects is. Esp if you don't know both parents backgrounds.

You can post on one of the dozen or so adoption sites that allow each party to register.
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Jun 7, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First you know I hate answers like this, the REAL parents are the adopted parents, the ones that were there when she cried at night, the ones there when she fell off our bike the first time, the ones that was there when she started school, that helped her with her homeworks, that was there when that first boyfriend did her wrong, and was there to watch her graduate high school and maybe college. And to be there when she got married.
    That is what a real parent is. The other people are sperm and egg donors and are not parents at all. A parent is a verb, it is a action that we do.

Next for the poster have you discussed this with your parents, often they may know more than they are telling. Next what is the medical condition, normally in our world of medical testing, seldom does the medical history of a birth parent have much bearing any longer. Not saying your case does not, but very few things any longer than effects is. esp if you don't know both parents backgrounds.

You can post on one of the dozen or so adoption sites that allow each party to register.
    Thank you for that Fr_Chuck, but you also got to remember that people are only trying to help the asker. I was only trying to help, as I'm only 14 years old. Criticise all you want because I was only trying to be helpful with the best information I could think of. I'm sorry if you don't accept what I have answered. I may not be as experienced as you are, but I do try.
    shannasmom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 09:05 PM
    I have read your request and I am your biological mother!! You were born May 27, 1980 at St. Mary's hospital. I have been looking for you for years, but with the help of my niece, who was searching by your birth name , we found this entry and I knew it was a match. I want to find you for many reasons, but especially for you health reasons, as I have had many health problems, and maybe with this knowledge, you won't have to endure many years of ill health. You can reach my via email, [email protected], Gina. I named you Shanna Noel Sisti and I have longed for the opportunity to meet you. My health only allowed the birth of you, and I would love the chance to be in your life, on your terms, of course. Please contact me via email and I will give you my phone number and begin providing you the necessary medical information you have requested.
    Very truly yours,
    Carol, your birth mother
    shannasmom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 09:07 PM

Gina,
    Please contact me, CAROL,your birthmom @ [email protected] or your birthfather [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biological mother needs to gain custody [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. 3 Years ago my sister became pregnant with her child. She was 17 years old and the boyfriend she had at the time did not want to assume responsibility, himself being 17 as well. My parents opted to adopt her son and give him their military benefits, it was solely for that purpose but...

What is process for birth mother to relinquish rights to the biological father [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are going to raise the baby he is the biological father of, soon to be born. The biological mother, has two kids and does not want to raise another. She wants the baby's father, my husband, and I to raise this baby as our own. My husband will be listed as father on the birth...

Finding my biological mother or father [ 7 Answers ]

I would like some help on trying to find my dad. My dad's name is Wayne Turman. And my moms name was Patricia Turman. But they got divorced when I was a baby, and I don't know my moms madien name is. I have two biological brothers, and I have a sister which lived with me. I told my foster parents,...

Find my biological mother [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Claus Hanke living in Denmark. My adopted son Thomas (born March 15, 1968) wants to find his biological parents, prefarably his biological mother. He has given me the authority to conduct this search. From his early childhood he has known, that he was adopted. Thomas is doing well in...

Curious about biological mother or father [ 6 Answers ]

View more questions Search