Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Mar 3, 2009, 07:20 AM
    How long do exes claim new person is just a friend?
    I still hear (I don't ask) about my ex every once in a while from her people (can't be avoided). I'm often told that the new guy is just a friend. I don't believe it for a second. It just insults my intelligence. What's the point in maintaining the façade? If she is happy with him then best of luck. I know when I meet someone new, I'll tell the world. It's been too long (6 months) and she broke my heart in a cruel way so I find it hard to believe that she is trying to spare me pain now.

I should also add that I tell them it's none of my business and of course I don't believe them.
    suddenImpact Posts: 175, Reputation: 23

Mar 3, 2009, 07:30 AM

I can't completely answer why, or how long it will continue.. but I know exactly what you are going through! My x and I split about 7 months ago now... and it ended with her new "friend" helping her move out. She did later tell me that she was sleeping with him, but only after he left her a month later. Now she is always hanging out with a new "friend" and refuses to say its anything more. Personally I don't care. I know I'm over her now, I don't want her back, the only reason I have to stay in contact is for my daughter.

I think part of them may realize they messed up by leaving, or hurting us as bad as they have, and they just want it all to stop, and maybe still be able to be friends... LMAO, who am I kidding, I think they love to torture us. This is just another way for them to do it, they know that we know they're lying, and it still drives us crazy... that's why they do it.

Mar 3, 2009, 07:37 AM

Yeah, I was thinking they want us to keep hoping for them. I don't let it drive me crazy. I just find it insulting.
    suddenImpact Posts: 175, Reputation: 23

Mar 3, 2009, 07:40 AM

Right now, every time my x finds out I even hang out with a girl, she starts talking about getting back together. Only until I stop talking to the new girl though. I finally said the heck with that, the last few times, I've told her I don't want her back.

Mar 3, 2009, 07:49 AM

I'm not even attracted to my ex after seeing her true colors. This nonsense just annoys me. I don't have anyone new because I haven't met someone I'd like to really date yet and it seems like my ex thinks it's because I still want her or something. (she knows and always will know my business). As I said, can't be avoided.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 08:06 AM

I think you need to tell your friends to stop bringing her up. Hearing things about her all the time is obviously confusing you and making you wonder about her life.

Stop with the he said she said games and stop talking to each other through your friends.

You should not be concerned with what she is doing, nor should she be concerned with what you're doing. You are only delaying yourself from moving on.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 11:15 AM

Don't let it get to you, who cares about her new friends, go out and get more new friends and enjoy your life on your terms
    De4rest Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Mar 3, 2009, 07:05 PM

I think she is afraid it is going to hurt you more if she's back into a rel. now this fast, finding the new guy although in fact in might not be true...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong Person In Insurance Claim [ 14 Answers ]

I received a letter today from an insurance company saying I was 100 percent liable for an accident 5 hours from my home. This accident was supposidly back on March12, 2008.The insurance company requests my insurance info. I am gathering that they have a witness or someone who gave them my plate...

Why do exes want to be my friend? [ 8 Answers ]

Why would an ex want to remain friends? I see and hear from him more now than before?

I'm sort of seeing my exes best friend but noew my ex wants me back [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, thank every one for previous advice it helped a lot. But now I have an even bigger problem. My girlfriend dumped me and I tried so hard to get her back but she kept sayng no and ignoring me, I started getting closer to her best friend because she understood me and felt for me because...

Can a person on L1B STATUS claim a std deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Facts: Status- L1b Entered In Usa 1 Oct 2006 For First Time So, I Think I Should File Form 1040nr Since I Don't Have Gc And Do Not Pass Subtantial Presence Test Now, Question Is Can I Claim Std. Deduction Or Not ? I Read On IRS Website About India Us Teaty Which Allowes To Take Std....

Is there a specific list of deductions that a person on H1B can claim? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a few friends who state that if you are on H1B and working as a consultant through a consulting company, there are various deductions that you can claim. For e.g. 1) Rent 2) Grocery and utilities 3) Gas Mileage. And some others...

View more questions Search