Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vessel Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2015, 03:30 PM
    Advice on buying 1995 harley wide glide
    I have a chance to buy a 1995 harley fdxwg with 12,000 miles for $ 5000 the bike looks clean and in good shape in the picture and this is the second owner who says he only has ridden it twice this year. The tires on the bike are original. He said last year Harley stored the bike for him and went through inspection with the bike. I am going to look at the bike and hopefully test drive it . What should my concerns be and what should I look at to see if this is something I should buy. This would be the first bike that I have owned. I am not a mechanic and would not want something that would not be reliable if I were to take this on a long trip. The bike is in my price range but do not want to get stuck with a bike I have to keep putting money into it. Anybody with any wise advice about this possible purchase would be very much appreciated... Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2015, 04:27 PM
    Take it to a Harley mechanic and pay them to go over and give their opinion on it to you directly. The seller might be honest... or he might be trying to dump a problem child by lying through his teeth.

Never buy ANY vehicle without in independent inspection YOU pay for and YOU pick where its done unless you are prepared to buy it as-is where is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley Davidson dyna wide glide [ 0 Answers ]

Have a 2001 HD dyna wide glide. Cranks but will not start. New battery, coil and module but still no spark.

Why would my 2004 dyna wide glide have a gear shutter when comeing to a stop in 1st a [ 4 Answers ]

I just replaced my drive belt and since then I have a bad shutter seems to be comeing from the primary area only when I gear down in 1st and second gear as I come to a stop its fine on take off and fine in neutral can sum1 please help?

2009 flhx Harley Davidson street glide [ 0 Answers ]

My 2009 flhx will crank but will not start.fob has new batt.

2003 Harley Davidson Electra glide standard [ 1 Answers ]

Making a high pitch squealing noise when you let off the throttle are when gearing down

View more questions Search