Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IvveyBear Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Searching For 70's or 80' Horror Movie Title
    In the mid 80's when I was just a preteen I used to watch horror movies that Elvira used to host on Saturday afternoons. There was one movie that made a huge impact on me and I am looking for the title so I can watch it now and maybe cure me of the phobia it gave me when I originally watched it. I only remember very little of the movie though. There was this family that bought an old house. The fireplace had a steel plate covering it and it had some kind of writing that they could not read. They removed the plate and upon doing this, strange things started happening in the home. There were these little creatures that the best I can describe them is they looked a bit like moncheechees (they were kind of like teddy bears, they were a foot or two tall and completely furry). They were mischievous. They strung wire across the floor to trip people so they could attack them. There was a little boy laying on his bed with either a foot or hand dangling off the bed and one of these creatures grabbed him from underneath the bed and the boy disappeared under the bed with him. What movie is this? It's really driving me nuts. And to this day, even though I know better, I still cannot hang any part of my body off the bed out of fear that something is going to grab me. Please help.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
    That reminded me of another movie

Horror Movie Reviews - Something Evil (1972) - Horror of Buried.com - Everything That Is Horror

But this is the one I think might be the one you are looking for

The Internet Movie Critic - Found Top 10 Movies!

Nov 3, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Maybe it's [U]The Gate.

Nov 4, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by staceymangan
    maybe it's [U]The Gate.
    Thank you, I know of the movie you're talking about and it's not the one I'm looking for. The movie is older than The Gate and the little critters come from a fireplace. Thanks again though.

Nov 4, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    That reminded me of another movie

Horror Movie Reviews - Something Evil (1972) - Horror of Buried.com - Everything That Is Horror

but this is the one I think might be the one you are looking for

The Internet Movie Critic - Found Top 10 Movies!

Nov 5, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is so close but not the right movie. I watched it on you tube and the family didn't have a little boy. It was only a husband and wife. And, the fireplace was bricked up. But, I remember an iron plate on the front of the fireplace. I'll keep searching. Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

70's or 80's Horror Movie Identification [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was hoping someone could please help me identify a movie. It was a horror movie from either the 70's or 80's, and all I recall is that a boy is in the kitchen chopping some vegetables or fruit and chops off his finger. His mother is swimming (I think) and comes in upset for having been...

Horror Movie Title, Please? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm almost 23. When I was little(probably between 3 and 5, maybe a little older) my dad rented a movie from our video store. The only thing that I remember is the killer dismembering a body in a bath tub and sticking the body parts in black trash bags. I'm not 100% sure, but it was either the...

70's horror movie [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw as a young kid at the drive-in.. The only part I really remember is this guy puts on a suit and the collar tightens and strangles him.. Then I remember him dead in the back of a garbage truck wrapped in a dry cleaners bag, and the truck was smashing...

Old Horror Movie Title [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of an old movie probably from the 30s or 40s. It's about a man who falls off a boat, lands on an island inhabited by zombie like creatures. Thanks

Searching for an old horror movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am searching for a movie from the "Creature Feature" era that scared the pants off me as a child. (I am sure that I would laugh at it now but back then I was a kid and it made a huge impression on me.) I am guessing that the movie was from the 30's or 40's but I am not sure. I recall that...

View more questions Search