Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RamirezinUSA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Upgrading Thermostat
    I have a Honeywell Thermostat and Im changing it for a Hunter programmable (24V) model 44110. I am having some problems with the wiring, on the Honeywell I have a G-green,C-blue,R-red,W1 and Y- yellow together,W2 and E-white together, O-orange. On the Hunter back pannel I have space for a G,RC,RH,Y and W. How in the world I can wired that unit, Plzzzzzzzzz help me.:confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 11:47 AM
    I believe you have a heat pump system and the new thermostat you bought is NOT for a heat pump system.
    If you have a heat pump system
    You have the wrong thermostat. You need a 2 stage heat pump thermostat!

Do yourself a favor and get a Honeywell or White Rodgers thermostat for your replacement. Hunter has there problems in my opinion.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 03:36 PM

Agree, honeywell or WR is the only way to go. Need to match the thermostat to the system.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 09:24 PM

Switching to a hunter is a down grade,, not a up grade

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrading to progammable Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having problems upgrading my Thermostat. I replaced a regular thermostat (2 wires), with a NOMA, 7-day Programmable Thermostat from Canadian Tire (52-2544-0) It's a high voltage, 120/240V AC, 60Hz, since it's for baseboard heating. There is 2 main baseboards hooked directly to this unit,...

Upgrading thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am upgrading my thermostat from a trane weathertron(mercury tube) to a digital Honeywell focusPRO th5000 series, and need a wiring diagram for the 2 different thermostats. Is there anyway to get them?

Upgrading to Programmable Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having problems upgrading my Thermostat. I replaced a regular thermostat (2 wires), with a NOMA, 7-day Programmable Thermostat from Canadian Tire (52-2544-0) It's a high voltage, 120/240V AC, 60Hz, since it's for baseboard heating. There is 2 main baseboards hooked directly to this unit,...

Upgrading to a Hunter Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm upgrading from a Janitrol HPT 18-60 thermostat to a Hunter 44110 Thermostat. The wiring for the Janitrol is: Y = Yellow wire G = Green wire R = Red wire O = Orange wire W2 = White wire E = Black wire

Problems upgrading programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm upgrading from an "unknown" older analog thermostat to a Honeywell RTH7400 programmable for our heat. The old thermostat had only two wires hooked up, red and green. This must be a single stage unit, since we have a separate thermostat to control A/C (heat pump). The heat is a gas furnace. ...

View more questions Search