Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Aug 24, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Moving to USA from Northern Ireland
    My friends and I are currently in school living in Northern Ireland and when were 18 we are wanting to go to university there.
    Our questions are..
    Do we need a Green Card to do so?
    If so, how do we get one because they seem hard to get or you have to do some stupid lottery thing?
    Is it hard to get into the university there because our exams works differantly? We have GCSE's when were 16 and A levels when were 18.
    Do you have to be exceptionally smart? As I want to continue art and my friend wants to do CSI kind of thing ( I don't know what course she would take but she looked up on the uni we want to go to's website and they did what she wanted.)
    Can you say there after studying and make a life?

Basically can we study and move to America without mountains of hassle?

Much thanks =]
    no harm trying Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 01:34 PM
    You should go to the web site for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. They have the means to assist you in your issue.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
    You don't need a green card to go to school.
    Here's summary of student visa: US Visas: Study Visas
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Aug 29, 2008, 07:53 AM
    I did go to the website, it's the most confusing thing I've attempted to read and I've read some confusing things.
    And I know I can go for education but after, I want to make a life there with out taking risks by entering that lottery thing.
    I read the Study Visa thing at its so much helpful information - thanks! - but how do I know if I'm up to their standard. Is it when I get my A levels when I'm 18, if I do well?
    I'm freaking out about this because its something I genuinly want to do 100%, I've still got 4 years to go but I like things sorted out.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Great northern oil(colorado) [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find information about an old company(1925)?Curious about old stock certificates.It was a Colorado corporation"Great Northern Oil Inc."

Is there a rattlesnake free area in Northern Ca. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to move to the country in Northern CA. where horses are common and there is lots of riding trails. But I also need to move to a place that is relatively cheap. Was thinking of Butte Valley. However, I am concerned about rattlesnakes, as I have ADD, so am not very observant at times. Any...

Girlfriend moving from ghana to ireland [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how my girlfriend can move from Ghana and come and live with me in Ireland? Also the cost of the visa and passport. Thank you

Yo Northern [ 2 Answers ]

I did my best while you weren't here, but let these go: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/replacing-15-yr-old-carrier-heat-pump-best-suggestion-52021.html https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/continual-boiler-pressure-drop-51694.html ...

Northern shrimp (pandalus borealis) [ 2 Answers ]

Do northern shrimp visit the Maine Coast to lay eggs?

View more questions Search