Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack v Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Natural gas to propane
    I have a small natural gas space heater and want to change it over to propane. Could anyone help me with what I have to do to it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 11:08 AM
    You have to replace the orifices from natural gas to propane. They could be hard to find. You might also have to adjust or replace the gas valve depending upon if it can be converted over or not.
    jack v Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jack v
    I have a small natural gas space heater and want to change it over to propane. Could anyone help me with what I have to do to it.
    Could u tell me where to look for the orifices on the stove
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jack v
    could u tell me where to look for the orifices on the stove

Just sent you a PM
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer and purchase a propane conversion kit.
    Not all furnaces will have the same process of conversion, some require a safety pressure switch to shut down the furnace should the pressure drop, most kits will have a different regulator spring to convert the gas valve, most kits will include a variety of different orifices for different altitudes and also a different pilot orifice if it has a pilot.
    I don't recommend trying to convert without the manufactures instructions, your life is to valuable. Good luck , Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Propane gas generator [ 1 Answers ]

I have a customer who recently had a new 16 kW propane gas Generac generator installed. When and only when the generator is running, his APC/UPS keeps toggling back and forth indication a incoming power line problem. I checked the neutrals, grounds and phase connections and all seems OK. I heard...

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

Propane/Natural Gas Logs [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a conversion kit to switch Natural gas logs to burn propane? And where could I get it at? Thanks

Converting from propane to natural gas [ 2 Answers ]

Many years ago, I moved out into the country and built my house using propane. Now, natural gas has come into my neighborhood and I would like to eliminate the propane, the tank and the overpriced service for my house. I called the local gas provider who instructed me that I need to give them a...

View more questions Search