Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdevashis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 10:07 PM
    2003 Honda Accord EX Music System Won't Power Off and code problem
    I recently purchased a Honda Accord from a local dealer. When I purchased the vehicle, the display was showing the word "CODE" and when I asked the dealer he hold me that since the battery was replaced the anti theft system has locked the system up and I need to go to a Honda dealer and they will get it done for less than 100$. When I went to the Honda dealer they are telling me that there could be some other problem.

Basically they are finding that the music system won't power off at all. The display is always on. Intermittently the display shows the test "CODE" and the time like "5:36"

The Honda guys says there is a good chance that I may have to replace the whole unit. Has anybody faced this problem before? Any solution
    hobbyist4fun Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2010, 02:19 PM
    Did the dealer if attempt to get you the code? More than likely the dealer that you purchased the car from had to replace/install a radio rather than have an open slot in the dash or a defective radio there. Usually, the VIN is enough for most dealers to generate a code, however, if it's not the ORIGINAL OEM radio, they can't help you. It may be necessary for you to pull the dash trim and examine the radio's connections and verify that they haven't been butchered or wired incorrectly. OTW, the Honda guys are right, replacement is necessary.
    hobbyist4fun Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2010, 02:20 PM
    Comment on hobbyist4fun's post
    Sorry, did the Honda dealer even attempt to get you the code and try inputting it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radio code for 2003 honda accord [ 16 Answers ]

Does anyone have the radio unlock code for a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6. I am desperate. My local dealership charges 80.00 to look up the code by my serial number... that is ridiculous to say the least. HELP PLEASE>

2003 Honda Accord Wiring problem [ 262 Answers ]

My 2003 Honda Accord EX has a problem with the backlighting on the radio and the ac controls. All the lights have gone out, but everything else on it seems to work still. I have looked for a blown fuse but could not find one. Any suggestions?

Honda accord 2003, radio code (6-Cd) [ 0 Answers ]

How can I know radio code for honda accord 2003 ( the one with 6 cds) Regard [email protected]

View more questions Search