Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alarm123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2010, 10:54 AM
    DSC alarm
    I have a DSC 832 alarm system. My phone lines were struck by lightening and caused my alarm keypad to start beeping. I unpluged the battery & electric. When phone lines were repaired I replaced the battery with a new one and plugged the electric back in. They both work. The keypad showed a trouble light with a no. 8. I found that this was the time & date trouble light. I entered the time and date and the trouble light went off.The system reads ready. The alarm will sound when I do a Full system test. But the alarm does not work when I set it to go off when the door or windows are opened. The door chimes do not work either. Any suggestions of what to do next?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2010, 04:14 PM

It is very likely that there was a surge into the alarm system.
    Will it work when any door or window at all is opened ? It is very possible that the surge damaged part of the main system

You will have to get a spec book on it, and check current and amp in and out of the various points within the box
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 21, 2010, 05:51 PM

When you press the chime button for about 3 seconds, do you hear any beeps telling you it toggled on(or)off?
    Since you set Time and Date, you have Master code, Do you have Installer Code?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming DSC PC1832 alarm [ 3 Answers ]

HI... How do I change the delay time on a DSC PC1832 STAY-ARM key to 30 seconds delay. Thanks

How to reset dsc alarm pc1832 [ 10 Answers ]

A friend had a problem with there alarm,there is no paper work for this panal and no codes at all,the panel is in a lockable box with no keys. I have forced the box and the panel inside is a pc1832/1864 I believe to reset the panel you have to short out pgrm1 and z1,I have done this but this has...

Where can I get a DSC 5010 alarm installer's manual [ 9 Answers ]

I would like to get this manual so I can maintain my system. I am no longer monitored.

Dsc alarm pc5010 I stopped monitoring, can I still use alarm? I keep getting a troubl [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped having my dsc alarm PC5010 monitored. Can I use the audible only? I keep getting a trouble, clock problem and it won't let me set it.

View more questions Search