Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommasitta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 05:22 AM
    How to prove a parent being unfit?
    I am getting ready to go for "our" child support hearing-finally, and I am ready to seek out legal advice on getting full-Custody, and only allow the other parent supervised visitaiton due to alcohol abuse & just not being there for the child. Where do I begin & how Please Help! Thanks :confused:
    greeneyes11984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommasitta
    I am getting ready to go for "our" child support hearing-finally, and I am ready to seek out legal advice on getting full-Custody, and only allow the other parent supervised visitaiton due to alcohol abuse & just not being there for the child. Where do I begin & how Please Help!! Thanks :confused:
    I don't know much about this issue, when my parents got divorced I was 16, and it was a given I was staying with a certain parent.

I would probably document every occasion you could think of; i.e. not coming home, missing birthdays, proof of drinking, any DUIs? that would be a start anyway.

Do you feel your child would be unsafe in the other's care?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 06:00 AM
    There have been so many posts about proving an unfit parent. You can easily do a search on the Help Desk and read through them. To start you out, please go through what a member posted on this:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ent-46931.html
    Also see:
    prove unfit parent - Google Search
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 24, 2007, 06:10 AM
    I would begin by requesting assistance from a Child Services agency. I believe all states have them.

When you take that step, the State will assign an attorney to prosecute your case and seek child support for you. They will also determine whether supervised visitation is warranted and place that before the judge who hears the case. Once the case has been heard and the judge writes the order, the case is over. If he violates the order, he can be charged with contempt of court.

Good luck!

If you feel that your spouse is a real danger to you and children, contact the Police or Family Services to see if they can get you into a shelter for battered spouses.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 24, 2007, 06:36 AM
    I would begin by retaining a Family Law attorney, who can advise you as to what proofs and documentation you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to I prove he is an unfit parent? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is an alcoholic and recently become a rage-aholic. I am making arrangements to leave him. But what makes this complicated is we have an 8 month old son together. My boyfriend has a son from a previous marriage who is 6. He takes him to parties, bars etc. Now for my question... When I...

7 Months pregnant , the father wants to prove me unfit [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am 7 months pregnant and the baby dad is my Feince. We have been engaged for 9 months. I do love him and he saids he loves me. But these last couple of months I have been getting the feeling he is cheating. So now Im jealous all the time and thinking he is cheating. I even think he has sleep...

Unfit parent [ 1 Answers ]

What is the definition of an unfit parent in the province of new brunswick, canada

How do I prove an unfit father? [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 13 months old. In the past 7 months, my ex had seen him maybe 4 or 5 times. They don't know each other at all. My ex doesn't even call or help me out with my son. In January 07 I asked for him to sign him over, and he said no. His name is on the birth certificate, but we were never...

Unfit Parent [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE PLEASE... how do you prove an unfit parent? We have a hearing coming up this Friday and he is trying to say I am unfit because the children missed a lot of school. They do have documentation as to why they missed. They were seeing a child psychologist but his attorney had the judge stop the...

View more questions Search