Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartyangelgirl Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2016, 11:09 AM
    I think I have a psychological problem?
    I don't mind having a conversation with friends or other people closest to me, but I absolutely can't bear holding one with my Mum and I know that must be wrong in many ways. I had lost a job a few months ago and have taken up volunteering as a way of developing new skills and looking for a new one later on, and every time I have to answer her as to how I did, I just cringe, struggle to explain how my day went and what I learned, and even try to back out of the conversation altogether.

I just hate sharing with her but I don't quite know. It's probably because I'm so knocked back from losing my job that I'm never 100% certain how my performance will be in a new one and even in a voluntary position, I don't have full confidence in myself or abilities and sometimes I end up trying TOO hard to get things right the first time round and secure my chances of keeping a job in the future rather than losing it.

I'm a bright person with a 2.1. degree, yet I seem to struggle so much with many things such as operating a till efficiently, remembering where each icon is so I'll be able to make transactions quicker and so on when most people pick that up within a day or so. I learn some things fast, yet I'm so slow at learning other things, it's all so inconsistent and I hate opening up about what is really happening, leading my Mum to believe I have no personality or social skills.

I think I'm just a complete mess and it's depressing me seemingly having no sense of true self. :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 11:12 AM
    What are you good at? What do you enjoy doing? (Let's look at the positives.)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2016, 07:07 AM
    Just curious if your mom knows you lost your job? Losing a job is for sure a confidence breaker, but you went into volunteering and that in itself takes confidence so don't be so hard on yourself.

Go get another job and get your confidence back. Just takes some courage to try again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psychological abuse [ 6 Answers ]

I have been married for 3 1/2 years and I'm about to leave him for the 3rd time because of the way he treats me. He controls all the finances and I have to beg him for anything I have always worked and paid my own bills but the one time I need help he won't. I don't do anything right in his eyes....

What psychological problem this person might have? [ 2 Answers ]

A girl told me once that whenever she drinks alcoholic beverages, she needs affection. What kind of psychological problem she might have? Or is this just normal for most people (especially women)?

I am near a psychological breakdown... [ 8 Answers ]

I had a girl friend two days ago... Any thing she or her family asked for I gave... I mean for exactly 2 years I took them out when her father got paralized I gave my car I took them out to dinner lunch... every day what ever she asked for I bought for her I spent exactly 53,000 euros on...

Psychological Programming [ 6 Answers ]

How do you Program the Subconscious mind? Explain in detail Please!:D

Psychological thing? [ 15 Answers ]

I've know this girl for almost a year, but we have only been dating for about 4 months. Everything is great, nothing is wrong... except myself. I'm better now then I have been with it in the beginning of the relationship but it's still there and I want to null it out. This mostly has to do with...

View more questions Search