Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    obenski Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 05:54 PM
    Too Loud - Snowblower
    I have Viking with Tecumseh Engine Snowblower. The motor is too loud when starts. Is there a way I can reduce or minimize the loudness? Its embarrassing to my neighbor when the winter comes. Need help please. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 07:29 PM

Too loud like your muffler is shot? How long has it been so loud?
    obenski Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 08:39 PM
    It was very since I got it a year ago. I bought it used and fixed it. Are you saying to replace the muffler? Maybe. Is there any other adjustment can be done to make the engine silence? Thanks for your help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 09:33 AM

Have you heard other blowers in action and they sounded more quiet than yours? There is no adjustment for sound, muffler is the only noise silencer but this could just be the correct sound for your machine. Is the muffler intact and tightly bolted to the engine?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace start up is loud - swooshing sound and motor is loud while on [ 2 Answers ]

When the furnace starts up it makes a large swoosh sound and is very loud while it it on. Seems to be heating fine and shuts off fine. How can I fix this problem?

Snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have an older ariens snowblower I think md 924 around 1974 8hp 24". It runs great but after about 20 min into blowing drive it started to stall when I put it in gear and then it died. I tried to restart with elect.and pull It took several tries but then started and ran great again,but...

Snowblower [ 2 Answers ]

My Craftsman smowblower starts fine, but whe I pull the handle back to start the auger it makes a screaching break sound and kills the motor.

Snowblower [ 3 Answers ]

826 toro snowblower drive was working now stopped??

Old snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Toro 826 used snowblower that was given to me. I cannot start it. I bought a new spark plug, filled the gas tank, even put a little bit of gas where the spark plug goes. I still can not start it. Can someone please help me?

View more questions Search