Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ripps7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 04:34 PM
    Ait Filter Remains Clean On Lennox Furnace for 2 months...
    Furnace filter was replaced over 2 months ago, and has been in place for the full time and furnace has been quite busy during these 2 cold months.

When it kicks into gear : I hear a whir and what is probbaly the blower starting. Then maybe 30 seconds later the burners kick on and furnace tends to run for 3 maybe 4 minutes. It seems to be kicking on every 15 minutes. Outside temp has been from 18 to 25 degrees and I set thermostat at 70 during the day and at 65 at night.
    I have 3 rooms with cathedral ceilings (top level of apartment complex).
    I go to each of 3 vents in those rooms and one of them I can feel a very soft amount of air flowing out. The other barely anything blows - I can only feel some air 'dropping out of that vent, and the 3rd one I can not feel anything. Each of these are ceiling vents on the cathedral ceilings, and I do not have a ladder so my hand is probably 5 to 6 feet below the vent.

I am wanting to know if it sound likes normal 'efficency' for the furnace.. kicking on about every 15 minutes and running for 3 maybe 4, and if there is a way to test the blower 'power'? It seems weak to me. AND WHY THE AIR FILTER IS TOTALLY CLEAN AFTER MORE THEN 2 MONTHS FURNACE USE Thanks in advance for you help!
    ripps7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Ait Filter Remains Clean On Lennox Furnace for 2 months...
    Furnace filter was replaced over 2 months ago, and has been in place for the full time and furnace has been quite busy during these 2 cold months.

When it kicks into gear : I hear a whir and what is probbaly the blower starting. Then maybe 30 seconds later the burners kick on and furnace tends to run for 3 maybe 4 minutes. It seems to be kicking on every 15 minutes. Outside temp has been from 18 to 25 degrees and I set thermostat at 70 during the day and at 65 at night.
    I have 3 rooms with cathedral ceilings (top level of apartment complex).
    I go to each of 3 vents in those rooms and one of them I can feel a very soft amount of air flowing out. The other barely anything blows - I can only feel some air 'dropping out of that vent, and the 3rd one I can not feel anything. Each of these are ceiling vents on the cathedral ceilings, and I do not have a ladder so my hand is probably 5 to 6 feet below the vent.

I am wanting to know if it sound likes normal 'efficency' for the furnace.. kicking on about every 15 minutes and running for 3 maybe 4, and if there is a way to test the blower 'power'? It seems weak to me. AND WHY THE AIR FILTER IS TOTALLY CLEAN AFTER MORE THEN 2 MONTHS FURNACE USE Thanks in advance for you help!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Yes it sounds normal. Thermostats set to gas operation usually have 6 cycles per hour but that is not a real accurate figure since it depende upon how cold it is in relationship to how tight(low heat loss) your home is. In other words it is not a perfect science.

If you home is comfortable there is no reason to test the blower since it is not the blower that really makes a difference but the amount of CFM (cubic feet per minute) that is moved not only by the blower but by the duct system and associated grill network.

You must have a VERY clean home since after two minths of use usually a normal home will show some dirt and in many cases it is time for the filter to be changed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Electrostatic Air Filter [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a house with a gas furnace and a Lennox "Electrostatic Air Cleaner" as a furnace filter. It says it is model "EAC 10-14-1" and beneath that it says "89 F 48." The thing looks pretty old, and when the furnace turns on the "On" light for the Lennox does not come on, and...

Dishwasher doesn't clean but I don't have a filter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE 10 year old dishwasher. Lately there is a film and sometimes grit on the dishes. I always rinse the dishes but I don't wipe them off. It has a built in heater to raise the temperature of the water, but GE suggested I increase the temperature at the hot water heater. It now reads 125...

Why Air Filter Stays Clean? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been inspecting and changing my vehicle air filters for decades. The paper element used to get visually dirty within reasonable amount of driving, but over past ten or more years they appear to stay clean far longer. Way past 30,000 miles. I inspect by holding up to sun or strong light bulb...

View more questions Search