Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gloomy123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Lightening my skin with monobenzone has messed my skin up
    I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. Well I'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. Of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. My arms, face, legs, cheast . Is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. And I've been going to dermatologist about it and they say that the damage is irreversable. I just don't know what to do.

It started good for a while about 7mos. Then at the 8th month I noticed patches that were pink like a raw pink on the sides of my face inner thighs arms. And they were so sore. And my skin just kept peeling, peeling, so then after the pain subsided then that very raw red area became darken . And a ver noticeable darkening.

I'm so damn sorry and regret using monobenzone. My only hope now is to find a plastic surgeon that can hopefully fix my skin back.

I just don't know what to do. I just don't know. And that a lot of money that I invested in a product that I thought was going to lighten me but only damage my skin badly.

Thought I share for those before it becomes to late
    monobenzone_attention Posts: 64, Reputation: 3
    -

Feb 27, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Thanks.. I will stop using mono now

Feb 27, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by monobenzone_attention
    thanks.. i will stop using mono now
    Sorry I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. But you just don't know how hurt I'am. You just don't know. I was pretty but I wanted to be prettier. And I just wish I never used it. But I heard about the results that others were having using monobenzone so I gave it I try too.
    Why did I do it? Why? What am I'm going to do?? Plastic surgery is so much money. Money that I really don't have. But I got to do something? I'm totally disfigured. What will I do? Raw pink and dark skin I hate I ever messe with that stuff. I'm in a bad shape.MY nerves are shot.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 27, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy123
    I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. well i'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. my arms, face, legs, cheast . is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. and i've been going to dermatologist about it and they say that the the damage is irreversable. I just don't know what to do.

It started off good for a while about 7mos. then at the 8th month i noticed patches that were pink like a raw pink on the sides of my face inner thighs arms. and they were so sore. and my skin just kept peeling, peeling, so then after the pain subsided then that very raw red area became darken . And a ver noticeable darkening.

i'm so damn sorry and regret using monobenzone. my only hope now is to find a plastic surgeon that can hopefully fix my skin back.

I just don't know what to do. I just don't know. and that a lot of money that i invested in a product that i thought was going to lighten me but only damage my skin badly.

thought i share for those before it becomes to late

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
    I'm very sorry to hear about what happened and lets hope members will think twice before using monobenzone. Especially the high strength one (20%).
    mona4white Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 09:56 AM
    My friend 20% should never be thinked about, it's a result of imprecise research, gloomy am not trying to hurt you but yo would have researched on web more, gone little deep inside the medicine on web and not just would have dependent on this forum, here are people not experts, people like us and I don't think people who are now white have ever used 20%, that is poorly bad research

To all people here, consider your dermetalogist help, pamper him/her, he will give you hints about whitening taking monobenzone, mequinol and arbutin, there are secrets in medicine but they don't tell you, yes I will think 100 times taking even a drop of these chemicals but don't forget its medicine and there are ways of lightening, I know it as I have heard insiders in bollywood saying some big actress have used chemicals to en their skin, see their before and after pics

Feb 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Personally, I would never use monobenzone as it's really for patients suffering from vitiligo. There are alternatives out there. Such as arbutin, kojic acid and so on.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Feb 27, 2008, 10:12 AM
    People without virtiligo are not supposed to use mono! That is the first thing you see when you Google search it, unless you want to disfigure yourself. I hope all those people who are talking of using it read this and learn from it. My friends sister used it too and she has pink patches all over her body and face. It is not worth it!

Feb 27, 2008, 10:19 AM
    It's not worth it. It's going to cost anywhere from $15,000-$25,00 to fix my disfigurement of my body. And I have to go to New York to get the surgery done. And even then I was told by the doctor that it won't be completely back to normal. I'm currenlty trying to get the money . That's a lot of money along with the travel expense to get there. Oh my god I should'nt never messed with that stuff. Listening to other folks. But I can only blame myself.

I used to be pretty but not anymore. You just don't know how I feel.

Feb 27, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Gloomy if you don't mind me asking but can you share with us your before and after pics so that all (including myself) don't even now think of using that hazardous chemical, only if you wish

Feb 27, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mona4white
    gloomy if you dont mind me asking but can you share with us your before and after pics so that all (including myself) dont even now think of using that hazardous chemical, only if you wish
    NO! I'M NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL SHARING THAT HIDIOUS SIGHT. I don't want you all to see me. I'm embarrassed, and ashamed of my looks and myself. NO, NO, NO.

Feb 27, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Its OK and don't worry all will be fine, after all we can't get all we want, its our destiny any we can never change it

Feb 27, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Gloomy do you think mono 3% or 2% will do the same? Just fund this link Monobenzone cream 3% lights Scar,Spot,Pigment & Freckle - eBay (item 260215016411 end time Mar-03-08 03:37:24 PST)

2-3%?? Do you guys allow?

Feb 27, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mona4white
    gloomy do you think mono 3% or 2% will do the same? just fund this link Monobenzone cream 3% lights Scar,Spot,Pigment & Freckle - eBay (item 260215016411 end time Mar-03-08 03:37:24 PST)

2-3%??? do you guys allow?
    I really just can't say what it will and won't do? I guess you will have to use it and find out like I did.. huh?
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Mono disappointment
    Hi, gloomy123, monobenzone_attention,mona4white; I am a intertested monobenzone info seeker, looking forward to lighting my skin but very unsure about using monobenzone after hearing your storys.
    Please tell me the alternative chemical that is closet to the results of mono but less harmful affect.
    I heard of L-glu,Vit-C, Biol ca-lotion, and mono, which one give best results with less side affects.
    Is there anyone who's willing to share this imformation, if so I look forward to talking
    -

Feb 27, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Hey brown skin..

I do not believe in pills.. I tried l-gluta.. it was just a waste and not worth it at all..

If you want to lighten your skin.. you have to use a chemical.. that's a fact..

Natural stuff won't be permanent.. but I can't recommend a product..

Feb 27, 2008, 11:29 AM
    thanks.. i will stop using mono now
    I think this situation with mono could be true too. Are you really going to stop using it, if so would you share your other altervatives that your considering using.]
    I have so in mined but I not sure.
    However, Do you think gloomy123 may have used a very high doage of mono to cause this affect. I' going to ask ?
    Look forward to talking

Feb 27, 2008, 11:36 AM
    hey brown skin..

i do not believe in pills..i tried l-gluta.. it was just a waste and not worth it at all..

if you want to lighten your skin..you have to use a chemical.. thats a fact..

natural stuff won't be permanent.. but i can't recommend a product..
    How about hydroquinone?
    -

Feb 27, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Its weird.. there are people who made good experiences with mono.. and some don't.. it is a risky thing..

I can see that my skin is lightening.. my skin would be almost white if I go 2-3 shades lighter..

I would never use mono 1 year.. that's pathetic if you don't want to be completely depigged...

White skin looks super ugly to me..

Look at the picture I posted.. the guy on the pic used it 82 or 83 only.. his skin would look flawless without vit..

82 days are 11 weeks.. I give mono a try again.. and stop after 82 days

Feb 27, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown skin
    hi, gloomy123, monobenzone_attention,mona4white; I am a intertested monobenzone info seeker, looking forward to lighting my skin but very unsure about using monobenzone after hearing your storys.
    Please tell me the alternative chemical that is closet to the results of mono but less harmful affect.
    I heard of L-glu,Vit-C, Biol ca-lotion, and mono, which one give best results with less side affects.
    Is there anyone who's willing to share this imformation, if so I look forward to talking

Gluta pills do not work. Vitamin C helps brighten the skin and makes it healthy.
    Bio Claire is good (I'm currently using it). It contains kojic acid and arbutin.
    Arbutin is a good alternative to monobenzone. It comes in many forms, cremes or even powder.
    If you want to use monobenzone, then please only use a weaker strength. Remember, monobenozone depigments the skin and some do not get the desired result so use at your own risk!
    Personally I would steer clear from it.

Feb 27, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Mequinol + tretnoin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening [ 2 Answers ]

How can I make my skin become fairer quickly at home?

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Experts of monobenzone, I can use your lending hand about bleaching my skin [ 22 Answers ]

Please, Is their anyone I can TRUST! All response are welcome, I looking for someone who is very informed and have Experienced monobenzone (power or cream) skin bleaching agent. I am very interested in bleaching my skin 3-4 shades lighter. Things I would love to known; Personal experience...

Damage skin from using monobenzone? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm just curious to know is their anyone out there that has sufferd damage skin due to monobenzone use? And if so can you share your experience? I hear a lot of good stories about monobenzone but nobody wants to talk about the downside and in what time frame has one experience problems Thanks...

View more questions Search