Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gretch Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2005, 02:13 PM
    New Home W/builder warranty
    I just bought a newly constructed home and it has a 1 yr "builder warranty". I am slowing finding some issues that need corrected like "lack of insulation" in the attic, garage, etc to name one. The builder is reluctant to provide the correct level of insulated protection and I feel he is not in compliance with the 2003 Energy Conservation Code.

We have no local code enforcement in my county (Belmont - Ohio) and I am wondering what my legal recourse is if he does not make the needed corrections to my home.

Please adivse

Thanks
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Dec 6, 2005, 03:30 PM
    I am not familiar with Ohio law but if the warranty is anything like the warranty provided for new construction in NJ, then you must first list all of your complaints in writing and provide them to the builder, along with a demand for him to make the repairs. (Send the list to him by certified mail.) Give him a reasonable time limit, such as 30 or 60 days. If he fails to do it within that time, or informs you that he will not do it, then you can make a claim to the warranty company. Read your warranty booklet carefully to see what items are covered and PAY ATTENTION TO THE TIME LIMITS for filing a claim. The warranty companies are strict with the time limits and if you file even one day late you will lose. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warranty Deed [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am new to the forum, but I hope someone has an answer to my questions. My husband and I bought some land in Fairfield , AR. By the way it is beautiful there, we live in California. I bought it on eBay, and you don't have to tell me that was dumb. I realize that now. They are starting to...

Warranty deeds [ 2 Answers ]

An original warranty deed for property has a restrictive covenant in it which reads: " It is agreed between the parties hereto that the above property shall not be used for any commerical purposes whatsoever and is limited to residential use only by the parties of the second part, their heirs or...

Warranty Deed [ 3 Answers ]

I need to re-write description of my property after a new survey was done. What format should I use in the heading for conveyance to self. . Thank you

Warranty Deed [ 1 Answers ]

My mother and grandmother purchased some property in the state of Illinois. The problem is that both are now deceased and my brother and myself were considered the trustees to this estate. While we thought the property was in foreclosure someone from the bank forged both of our names to a warranty...

Warranty deed [ 4 Answers ]

Is there particular wording on Warranty deeds for property purchased jointly by husband and wife in the state of Arizona - so that property transfers to the surviving spouse upon death and NOT into the estate?

View more questions Search