Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ian UK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2006, 08:28 PM
    80's fantasy/scifi film with women with wings
    Long shot, but I'm trying to track down a film that I saw a bit of many years ago, maybe in the 80's. I haven't a clue who was in it or what it was called, which I know will make it really hard, but there is a particular scene which has stuck in my head ever since. It involves what I think is a brother and sister, or maybe boy friend and girl friend being led out of a cave complex by a woman in 'warrior woman' style leather getup (not a lot of it). What stands out is that the woman leading them out has large butterfly or dragon fly type wings on her back. I seem to recall that the cave they are being led out of is huge and there are thousands of these women with wings. Some sort of hidden civilisation maybe. I think she is helping them to escape, or something like that. That's pretty much the only thing I can remember. Seem to recall it was fairly low budget, as many of the fantasy/scifi films were from that period. If you have any titles that might fit, please throw them at me. I'm hoping some one will be able to jog my memory as to what it was called. Certainly wasn't for kids. Might have been 18 rated, or 15 at the very least (UK).

Addendum:

I seem to recall it is set in modern day, rather than in more familiar medieval times. I think the boy and girl mentioned are in college. I think the race of women with wings plan to take over the world and the two teenagers find this out and are then helped to escape by one or more of the women with wings who do not agree with this plan.
    Dark but not Heartless Posts: 78, Reputation: -1

Jul 10, 2007, 04:52 PM
    The women with wings makes me think of the Harpies of Greek myth. Cause fairies would be much smaller than humans. But Harpies have wings for arms, not on their back. So I don't know if that's very helpful, but see if you can use that to help you figure it out.
    seal_the_doors Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 01:10 AM
    Dude! I have been looking for the SAME movie! After hours of searchimg, I found it!
    Its called "the perils of gwendoline in the land of the yik yak"!
    Score!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's or 90's scifi movie [ 5 Answers ]

Okey, I have seen two movies when I was little that I am stuck with! One was The Wraith (Turbo Interceptor), thankfully I got this one and watched it again and got it out of my system. The other one is tricky, here isi what I remember : 1. it's a robot movie of some sorts 2. a scientist is...

80's scifi movie... Title? [ 7 Answers ]

It's an 80's or early 90's movie where this astroid comes out of space and lands on a farm and this little creature comes out that looks like a leach. I remember a scene from where they're playing baseball and the creature is in the woods and attacks one of the players by attaching itself to it's...

80's children's fantasy film [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a film title. All I can remember is that a young girl gets kidnapped from her bedroom by some monsters (puppets) and they carry her through a forest with lots of cobwebs and fog. She is then in a cave with a witch and she sings Silent Night... please help as this is driving me mad!

80's Fantasy film [ 6 Answers ]

HELP! Ive been racking my brains for ages but can't find this film. All I can remember is a warrior type dude in the forest searching for a ring of power (I think) & he finds this small hut inhabited by dwarf type people. He's inside & they give him this special drink which they get from a small...

HBO fantasy film from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

I'd love to know the name of this film: I used to watch it as a kid, so it would have been in the mid- or late- 80's. I don't know if it was a made-for-HBO movie, or just one of the films they'd show over and over again, but it seemed to be set in medieval times -- there was a labyrnthian,...

View more questions Search