Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danno30008 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Are there natural products that aid in Weight loss?
    Is there anything out there that helps with weight loss that is a "Natural" product?
    Please don't tell me about the "Self Control" pill or "Just stop eating" pill.

I am grossly overweight and need to start on some kind of plan so I can slowly lose the extra weight over a year or so.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Take care:)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 10, 2006, 09:23 AM
    You are right to realise it will take time. And it needs to be a change for life too. Nutrisystem has really helped some people I know. Its an extensive program you can get online and although the food seems expensive, it beats dying from morbid obesity or the related medical costs of being ill. It also really helps to establish sensible portion control and diverse balanced nutrition, all while eating often (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack - I believe?) Skipping meals is a big offender, from what my friends tell me. It pushes the body into starvation mode, so the eating often apparently works the opposite. Good luck and I hope this helps - you are on a worthy mission!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2006, 05:47 AM
    Hi, Danno,
    You are not alone. Most Americans are overweight!
    There is no "pill" that will do this for you, or at least any that can substantiate what they claim.
    A normal person can not gain nor lose weight on 2,000 calories a day (a 24 hour period).
    There are many "calorie counter" sites online, and you could also buy a cheap paper-back book of Calories, from a Food Store, department store, etc.
    Have you ever counted up all the calories you eat/drink in a day (24 hours)?
    Try it; you will probably be amazed!
    I am 64 yrs old, and one point, started getting overweight many, many yrs ago. I added up all the calories I was taking it, using a Calorie counter paper-back. Would you believe 4,500 calories a day??
    If you willl limit your daily intact to 2,000 calories a day, you will begin to see some gradual weight loss in about 2 weeks. It is natural loss, and will take some time to get down to the weight you want.
    For men, measure across your belly button. It shouldn't be more than 40 inches, across the waist and belly button. For women, 35 inches.
    Any more than that is critical; for heart disease, diabetes, and other critical illnesses.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jun 11, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Eating is a wonderful thing. It feels good to eat, I can attest. Since I like to eat a lot, I try to eat low cal things and that category is vegetables and some fruits. Carrots, radishes, celery, stuff like that. Know the calorie content in all things you eat and avoid high calorie foods. Portion control is a factor.
    It's calories in verses calories burned. Walk more, park your car a little farther away next time you go somewhere. It takes time and determination, but you can do it.

Jun 11, 2006, 06:55 PM
    Thanks for all the advise, take care and enjoy!:) :D
    Honeybear Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 01:30 AM
    Hi Danno, I don't know if you are still going to check this. I realize it has been awhile since it was posted but I thought that I would let you know that I have changed my diet, kind of a South Beach meets Weight Watcher Core diet, and added Green Tea supplements to it and over 2 moths I have lost 20lbs. I jump rope 3-4 times a week and since I do a great deal of walking while at work also, instead of sitting while on break I'll stand and stretch or something to keep busy. I notice that when I take my green tea supplement I have a great deal more energy than when I might forget to. I don't care too much for the taste of green tea so I take the supplement. I take 4 capsules a day. It is supposed to be a natural metablozim (sp) increaser and it seems to be working for me. Good luck in whatever you do. Hope this helps.

Sep 12, 2006, 04:21 AM
    Honeybear:

Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it very much. What type of Green Tea pills are you taking or does it matter? Where did you purchase them?
    I tried WW a few months ago and kind of went nuts with having to record everything.. Made me really nuts-o. :)
    I will look into the Core program and the SB Diet too.
    Thanks again for ryour help.

Take care
    Dan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to loss weight in a natural way? [ 9 Answers ]

I am 30 years ,married with two kids. My problem is about my weight. I am 165 lbs and I want to loss weight for about 50 lbs. how will I do that? Please give me advise on what to eat? Or any tea can help me loss weight?:)

Are there any new weight loss products? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, Are there any new weight loss products on the market that I could try?

View more questions Search