Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkstar23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Truck driver
    I have afelony on my record for a drug conviction since 1997&1998. It's a drug conviction.
    darkstar23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar23 View Post
    i have afelony on my record for a drug conviction since 1997&1998. its a drug conviction.
    could I possibly ever become a truck driver
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 02:22 PM

Sure. You can become a professional driver but you'll have to limit yourself somewhat on what types of freight you could haul. You would be disqualified to haul any hazardous materials such as gasoline, propane, chemicals. Usually trucking companies want someone who is at least 5 years out from their conviction. You should be able to qualify. The cost for truck driving school is in the $6,000+ range depending on where you go to school. Some companies will actually let you go to their school (in house) and then you can drive for them for a year to pay them back so much a week. If you have a good driving record you should be able to get a bigger company to hire you. Investigate the bigger companies online for the inhouse training. They are usually long haulers though and you'll be gone at least one month at a time. Once you've worked for at least 2 years long distance, you should be able to get a local job. It's long, boring work that you have to be on your toes at all times due to potential road hazards. It is rewarding in that you are out there on your own with no one looking over your shoulder. It's not for everyone if you must sleep in your own bed at night, etc. or have a wife/girlfriend who needs you home all the time at night. Check it out. There are some grants out there for trucking school but they are extremely hard to qualify for but not impossible. School is usually about 12 weeks long if you go daytime and longer if you go at night.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Licensed cdl truck driver w/ felony? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a licensed cdl truck driver. I cannot get a semi driving job because of a felon I had from 4 years ago . Anyone?

Truck driver classes for felons [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for any truck driving schools that might hire a person with a feloney,trying to help my son out.I am a class A cdl driver myself driving a box truck(by choice)would appreciate any info on this subject.

Asking about training for cdl schools to become a truck driver [ 1 Answers ]

I jhicks03251984 am wondering why is it so hard that even though that I have did 5 yrs, in the state pen, and yes I have 1 felony on my back but I'm also off parole since june1 2004 why is it so hard to get a truck driving schools to consider to take me in for training of my cdl, so I can become a...

Truck Driver Training [ 3 Answers ]

I would like a list of trucking companies that offer free training.

Advantage or Benefit of S-Corporation for a Truck Driver [ 1 Answers ]

What are the benefits of a S-Corporation for Truck Driver, who owns his truck.

View more questions Search