Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amaicach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 10:30 AM
    Why am I having pain in my regular teeth after I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed
    Hi, I just got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago. I wanted to know when I would be able to lay flat in bed? I have been propping up my head with pillows for the past 4 nights and wanted to know when is a good time to start sleeping normally. Also, I am having a lot of pain in my lower left side of my face. It it making all of my teeth on the bottom left side hurt (my normal teeth) that weren't removed. I wanted to know what was making this happen and if there is anything to make the pain go any. I have also been extremely nautious. Any help would be great!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 10:36 AM

You need to talk directly to the dentist who did the extraction. You should have discomfort after an extraction but 5 days later it should not be this severe.
    MetalMouthMedia Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2011, 11:30 PM
    I agree, call the doctor. Also, you can ask for an anti-nausea pill; my daughter had to take one every time she took one of the pain-killers.
    kellyswalker22 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 09:06 PM
    Have you seen the Dr. Or dentist yet? If so, and I sure hope you have, what was the answer? Im having 3 teeth pulled on Thurs the 8th and the teeth are deeply rooted. The dentist said I had long, deeply rooted teeth, but he's just numbing me up and pulling my back 2 bottom teeth (my molars never grew in) and my top 2nd to back tooth pulled too. So... worried about the pain afterwards. Thanks and I hope you're feeling much better by now. Kelly
    A Random Phrase Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 12:20 PM
    As far as how long before one can lie down flat, I was told 24 hours (but you'll want to ask your own dentist's opinion since s/he knows more about what is appropriate for you).

I am sure this problem has been solved by now, but I answered in case someone else with the same question is doing a search for answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression , tired and very down after wisdom teeth removed [ 1 Answers ]

HI , I am from colombia , and I find it hard to write in English so I apologize .me three wisdom teeth removed over one year and symptoms began around a month later, which were lack of encouragement, tired, agotadoy without power, could neither stand up out of bed. I've gone to many doctors,...

I got my wisdom teeth removed because the one that had erupted was bothering me. The [ 1 Answers ]

I got my wisdom teeth removed because the one that had erupted was bothering me. The other three hadn't come through yeat but as far as I know they would have with time. The one that had come in seemed pretty large and was angled somewhat outward at about a 20 degree angle. I don't know if my jaw...

Wisdom Teeth recently removed - questions [ 7 Answers ]

One week ago I had three wisdom teeth removed (I apparently didn't grow a fourth one). Two lowers, one upper. One lower was partially impacted, both lowers were partially erupted (I think that's the term for partially exposed). The upper was fully exposed and not impacted. For reference I'm 47...

Wisdom teeth removed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I had 2 wisdom teeth removed today (10am) 1 of them was impacted and I have a sticth there now! I was wanting to know if it was normal for it to still be bleeding? Its very very painful and swollen I have taken 2 codine and that seems to of help the pain and also there is a funny taste and odour...

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. [ 6 Answers ]

K I just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago and I'm still in pain and I'm still swollen. 1 of my stitches fell out today and I'm wondering if that's normal. I'm like totally freaking out. Am I allowed to smoke? I have been and I'm very worried if I'm going to get an infection. Can...

View more questions Search