Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motor5 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2008, 03:17 PM
    94 camry
    I have engine running but you get shocked by the throttle cable and I still can't put the bolt in that secures the distributor. Am I missing a ground of some sort, because it acts like it fires at the wrong time, but it don't do this every time.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 03:38 PM

I would say your ign coil is shot, motor5. They have cracks that open up and they're obvious to the eye.
    So pull the dist cap back off, the coil cover and rotor. Do a close inspection. Get back with us.
    You don't have to open a different post each time. Just stay with what you start with. It's easier for others to follow and learn from.

Sep 29, 2008, 03:44 PM
    This car has external coil
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 03:47 PM
    v6?

Sep 29, 2008, 04:30 PM

This car has external coil

Sep 29, 2008, 04:32 PM
    This car has 4 cyl.

Sep 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Am I staying on the right post? I am new at this so I really don't know what you mean, just try to bear with me. Sorry. Thanks, Motor5
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 04:53 PM

Well the main engine ground is bolted to the back of the plemum. It has several white/blk striped wires.
    There's also the area where the engine harness gets real close to the EGR pipe, and if disturbed, could melt the harness and cause the problems you speak of.
    From here, it's hard to tell you more due to an engine fire? You can post pictures here of the burnt area and we could help more...
    Maybe. Really puzzled, bud. Just as much as you are.

Sep 29, 2008, 05:54 PM

All the wiring harness been replaced, all connections in proper place and grounded,all looks good. Have removed harness for the second time and inspected thoroughly. Since I have been messing with the timing belt I have got it running better. It acts like its firing too quick or something it kicks back sometimes when your trying to crank it and diesels. I am lost, I don't know what else to try. Never had one beat me like this one . It's added a few more gray hairs to my head. HA! HA! Thanks for trying to help. Motor5

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 camry [ 4 Answers ]

I set the timing myself,been doing this for 35 years but this has me buffaloed. The only way to get it to crank is to leave the bolt out of the distributor and advance the distributor, and it runs poorly then,with popping through the throttle upon acceleration.

Camry 96 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a front outside corner bulb on my camry 96

Camry won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Bud Martin posted a question that is similar to what I'm experiencing. I have has a 1995 Camry that won't start. When I turn the key, I notice there are no clicking noises from under the hood. The clock light dims. So does the radio light. The headlights remain steady when I turn them on and...

94 Camry won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My Camry was running fine then I turned it off and now it won't start. Turns over, has brand new battery, there is plenty of juice it just won't start. Acts like there is no gas but there is.

View more questions Search