Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    remyp92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 12:30 PM
    Lactic acid peel with 90% pure lactic acid.
    I am trying to make a 40% lactic acid peel with 90% pure lactic acid. What are the steps needed to dilute the lactic acid to a 40%. I was thinking 1sp of distilled water and 1sp of lactic acid? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I am trying to make a 12% lactic acid lotion with 12oz of lotion. Again what are the steps needed to dilute my 90%lactic acid to a 12% to add to my 12oz lotion.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 12:39 PM
    Why don't you just buy a glycolic peel. Or, and this is purely natural, papaya pulp in the blender is an excellent peel

That is if you are looking for a facial peel.

So... what exactly are you looking for?
    remyp92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 06:38 AM
    I want to use lactic acid as the peel because I was told there is no down time with this and your face won't acutally visibly peel the next day.
    I am not sure if that is the same for papaya pulp.

I am also trying to make a lactic acid lotion to leave on my skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have ordered my retina A and HQ4.. Should I do a lactic acid peel first? [ 5 Answers ]

Thanks to the wonderful information I received from this site I have ordered the products I need to begin my journey. But I have read that it is a good idea to do a peel first so the body is more receptive to the retina and HQ.. What peel should I use at wjat percent and where can I get if from? I...

Lactic acid on dark skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have found Lactic Acid did remove a dark patch on dark skin then it came back even darker. Does any one know why?

View more questions Search