Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Jan 27, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Glycolic or lactic peel what's the best?
    HELLO! So I never did a peel before and I tried retin a with so much success I was so happy.But now I would like to try glycolic or lactic peel and I'm a little scared. So could you advise me:which one should I choose?30%,60%.. and your experience with it... thanks a lot:rolleyes:
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Jan 27, 2010, 08:50 PM

I've used both and I must say that I was very impressed with them both. I used 30% glycolic acid and it made my skin incredibly smooth and soft. It got rid of little moles that were forming.
    Lactic acid was 40% and was also very good. It is more for persons with sensative skin.
    If I had to choose it would be the glycolic only because its slightly stronger. Hope you know it is a 6-8 week regimen, you will see results earlier but it was the recommended time frame to use for full results.
    Happy peeling!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 01:57 AM

Mistyjane, depending on your skin's tolerance level as both are great. If you have sensitive skin, then perhaps try lactic acid or low strenth glycolic. Start with a low percentage first, and over time work your way up to stronger strengths as your skin builds tolerance. Use a pH balancer to help aide skin irritation after using a peel.

Jan 28, 2010, 04:15 AM

OK thanks everybody for answering!! I've already bought lactic acid 30%! GG I know that I should've start with a lower percentage but you know I live in france and I went on Amazon yesterday it was there with free shipping!! I was so happy to see that I wouldn't have to pay a lot for the shipping charges that I ordered without thinking twice!! so I will have it here in like 10 days.But I ordered only two of 30ml is it enough to last 6-8 weeks?IF not I have to order again before free shipping doesn't apply anymore!! What do you think?
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 05:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    ok thanks everybody for answering!!!I've already bought lactic acid 30%! GG i know that i should've start with a lower percentage but you know i live in france and i went on amazon yesterday it was there with free shipping!!!i was so happy to see that i wouldn't have to pay a lot for the shipping charges that i ordered without thinking twice!!!so i will have it here in like 10 days.But i ordered only two of 30ml is it enough to last 6-8 weeks?IF not i have to order again before free shipping doesn't apply anymore!!! what do you think?
    30% is good. For my arms I used 50%, yet the price was nice. Which brand did you get? Free shipping sounds nice, I'll have to get another myself.

It depends on where you are planning to apply it and how often? I use a paint brush to apply and it stretches pretty well.

Jan 28, 2010, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    30% is good. For my arms I used 50%, yet the price was nice. Which brand did you get? Free shipping sounds nice, I'll have to get another myself.

It depends on where you are planning to apply it and how often? I use a paint brush to apply and it stretches pretty well.
    I took this one :the perfect peel solution I hope it is good if there is something wrong you can be sure I'm going to choose it... :o
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 28, 2010, 11:26 AM

I personally love both! Lactic is more tolerable, mainly because the body can deal with it as we have lactic acid inside us. Glycolic acid is IMO stronger.
    With Glycolic acid, start with 10%, then work your way up. :)

Jan 29, 2010, 02:46 AM

Thank you punkchic.I'm still waiting for my order to arrive here in france. I took lactic because someone said here in an old thread that it actually lightens a little... I hope so!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 01:39 AM

What is the price range for the Perfect Peel Solution? Yeah, I also noticed that my arms became slightly lighter from using lactic acid peels regularly. It isn't a major difference, but it is really noticeable.

Jan 30, 2010, 05:19 AM
    What is the price range for the Perfect Peel Solution? Yeah, I also noticed that my arms became slightly lighter from using lactic acid peels regularly. It isnt a major difference, but it is really noticeable.
    Hey! For the price it was like 15$ I bougth 2 and had free shipping I hope it works! But it is still somewhere on the earth... 10 days is very long. Now I'm using fair and white exclusive gel and A3 lemon brightening on my face and just A3 lemon on my body.I hope it will lighten my back a little...
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 10:46 PM
    Sweet deal indeed :)

Jan 31, 2010, 05:02 AM
    sweet deal indeed :)
    Yes I really want my skin to improve!! You know my boyfriend of 2 years just broke up with me.He left me just like that and he's moving on so now I really want to look as good as possible! Take care of myself.Focus on something else!! I also use HT26 floral toning lotion lightening care deep pore astringent.I put it on before applying my F&w exclusive gel! NO pimple yet!and I see a brightening after 3 days!I'm happy(minus my boyfriend dumped me.:( )
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2010, 09:45 AM
    Yes i really want my skin to improve!!! You know my boyfriend of 2 years just broke up with me.He left me just like that and he's moving on so now i really want to look as good as possible! Take care of myself.Focus on somethin' else!!!I also use HT26 floral toning lotion lightening care deep pore astringent.I put it on before applying my F&w exclusive gel! NO pimple yet!and i see a brightening after 3 days!I'm happy(minus my boyfriend dumped me.:( )
    Well, that is his lost then. That is good that your focusing on yourself now and what makes you happy. How is the HT26, does it lighten well? Right now I'm on the Nadinola and I have to say people were right about it as it is lightening my skin so far and it's been about a week. My f&w exclusive gell is still sitting on my shelf, but I plan to use sometime in Feb.
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Jan 31, 2010, 10:17 AM
    Yes i really want my skin to improve!!! You know my boyfriend of 2 years just broke up with me.He left me just like that and he's moving on so now i really want to look as good as possible! Take care of myself.Focus on somethin' else!!!I also use HT26 floral toning lotion lightening care deep pore astringent.I put it on before applying my F&w exclusive gel! NO pimple yet!and i see a brightening after 3 days!I'm happy(minus my boyfriend dumped me.:( )
    His lose hun,he will be back soon as soon as he realises. What his missing : -) cheer up now you have more time for yourself.
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Jan 31, 2010, 02:33 PM
    Sorry to hear this misty but, he's just making room for prince charming.:)

Feb 1, 2010, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulskin View Post
    Sorry to hear this misty but, he's just making room for prince charming.:)
    So good to hear this!! I love it:) You know sometimes I'm so down inside because of him but outside I want to stay beautiful!!
    OK! So GG I'm happy nadinola works for you!
    I don't know if HT26 is lightening me you know I use in combo with F&W exclusive gel and a3 lemon so I don't know if it is just HT26 or the combination of all. I'm happy because I see a little improvement to my skin tone everyday:D. Also I use F&W with vitamin c I don't think it does change a lot but my face is bright and I peel also... Hope it will give me real lightening...
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 10:28 AM
    So good to hear this!!! i love it:) You know sometimes i'm so down inside because of him but outside i want to stay beautiful!!!!
    OK! so GG i'm happy nadinola works for you!
    i don't know if HT26 is lightening me you know i use in combo with F&W exclusive gel and a3 lemon so i don't know if it is just HT26 or the combination of all. I'm happy because i see a little improvement to my skin tone everyday:D. Also i use F&W with vitamin c i don't think it does change a lot but my face is bright and i peel also...Hope it will give me real lightening...
    Well, we all have to stick together and nothing wrong with looking a little extracute ;) I agree so prince charming will do a double take.

Thanks, lets see how close it'll get me! I remember hearing of HT26, what is this A3 lemon skin lightener? You can always use one of them on one area and the other on another area on your skin. Afrocute and Beautifulskin what are your regimens and how are they working for you?
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 1, 2010, 05:16 PM
    Mistyjane, depending on your skin's tolerance level as both are great. If you have sensitive skin, then perhaps try lactic acid or low strenth glycolic. Start with a low percentage first, and over time work your way up to stronger strengths as your skin builds tolerance. Use a pH balancer to help aide skin irritation after using a peel.
    GG,
    I am thinking about 20%glycolic peel. Girl,I have never done this before... I don't know how it is done.Do I pour it on my palms and rub on my skin? Or what? How long do I leave it on my skin before washing it off?
    Waiting... By the way,today was my first day with my mixed up lotion.Feels okay.Lets see how my skin shouts after 10-18days.
    2ndly... I saw retin a in form of pomades/tubes.Is it the same thing everyone is using?
    sara_uk Posts: 245, Reputation: 26

Apr 2, 2010, 06:19 AM
    I am sorry to hear this but it is his loss, at first it feels bad but been single is good too for a bit;) get it you to focus on yourself.

Iam also thinking of peels, I have so much skin needs to peel but I have no idea how to go about it, so I will be watching this thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lactic acid on dark skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have found Lactic Acid did remove a dark patch on dark skin then it came back even darker. Does any one know why?

Glycolic acid and hydroquinone [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use glycolic acid and hydroquinone at the same time?this is to remove the scar.. help me.thanks!:)

Retin A and glycolic acid peel? [ 1 Answers ]

I've just started using retin a and my fair and white mixed together this week. I was using it three times a day on my face instead of once at night and my face has been peeling like crazy which I hate but revealing lighter skin and clearing my hyper pigmentation faster. I was very impressed by...

Glycolic acid [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that glycolic acid crem can remove old scar?what kind of glycolic acid cream will I buy?where can I buy it? Help me!need your advice!:(

Glycolic acid creams [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,what product name has glycolic acid cream? Help me:confused:

View more questions Search