Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parducci Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Goals set for me but not others
    I work for a company that has over 100 facilities. They have requirements that all managers are supposed to follow. Recently I was asked to sign a paper that had a goal that I must reach. I found out my facility is the only one that is being asked to sign this paper, even though there are many others that are worse, some far worse than my facility.

Each facility falls under the same guidelines and requirements of the company. Can they require just me and not others to reach a goal when the company has it's standard goal that each facility should be at, which is the same?

Thanks.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 03:23 PM

I have to ask, where did you here that it was only your facility? Was it just gossip? Or from a reliable source?
    Is it possible it's just something new they are starting and you get to be the guinea pig?

I would think that unless there is actually something in the company handbook or rules, or wherever those standards are that specifically says you can't be asked to set a goal, that you can be asked to do whatever they want.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 04:13 PM

Hello p:

In the absence of an employment or union contract, your employer can ask ANYTHING of you that is legal. It doesn't matter whether it's fair or not, or whether other people in your category are being asked to do it. If you don't do it, you can be fired and you'll have NO recourse.

That's what employment "at will" means.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2009, 05:29 PM

As long as they are not requiring you to do it because of your sex, race, religion or other protected class, yes they can do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Most goals [ 4 Answers ]

Which english player has scored the most goals in english league football?

Goals for employment [ 7 Answers ]

What are your short term and long term goals

Bothering but has no goals [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a releationship with a woman for a year and she is bothering me about marriage already. I like a lot of things about her but she has no goal aside from being a model at 26. She also has two kids while I have none. Don't get me wrong, the kid thig does bother me but what really...

Goals [ 3 Answers ]

What are some goals that you would want to achieve in baskteball?

View more questions Search