Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldshoes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 10:29 AM
    Stomach upset before pill packet ended
    I had a stomach upset last Sunday (diarrhea) and still had pills left in my packet for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I took them as normal and my period came Saturday as normal. By this point I'd forgotten all about the stomach upset and had sex on Saturday evening. I only just remembered that the stomach upset was towards the end of my pill packet and obviously I didn't skip the 7 day break and continue straight onto the next packet.

Do you think I would still be protected against pregnancy, as the stomach upset was gone by Sunday night, and I still took my pills Monday and Tuesday, and did not have sex till Saturday?

Thanks
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Apr 26, 2009, 10:38 AM

If it hasn't been 72 hours... morning after! I got pregnant both times on the pill, they are only 98% (pending on the pill) effective. You should be getting your partner to use a rubber in addition... it's not fair we have all the responsibility... plus it protects you from (some) STD's. You should be fine, I have heard of a lot of people skipping the week for vacation purposes but coming from someone who gets pregnant the second you look at her (haha :)) always allow for the break. If the pill is upsetting your stomach it isn't the pill for you, go to the doctor and get other pills... what pills you on? I have been on a lot of different kinds of birth control methods... there are ones to help with sickness, acne... etc.

Always take care of your health because without that you have nothing.
    goldshoes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 10:46 AM

I'm on microgynon - I've been on it for 3 years, no problem. The stomach upset was just a bug. I thought I should be fine because the stomach upset was gone by Sunday night, and I still had Monday and tuesdays pill...
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Apr 26, 2009, 10:48 AM

Ok, well then I wouldn't worry too much if your worried about getting pregnant, chances are your OK but you shouldn't skip the week on a regular basis and I would take the morning pill regardless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Different 'telling' on upset stomach/vomit : pill [ 3 Answers ]

Hey. It's confusing me when sometimes the answer comes out 'upset stomach' and not 'vomiting'. If you have a upset stomach and not vomit does it still effect the pill still? Or do both have the same effectiveness?

Can you take the pill on an empty stomach? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you take the pill (I'm on yasmin) on an empty stomach? Or will it have side-effects? e.g vomiting etc

Miniature greyhound, upset stomach... HELP. [ 5 Answers ]

We have a miniature greyhound that has a constant stomach problem, she will be fine for several days then all of a sudden she won't eat because her stomach is upset, sometimes she vomits, no diarrhea. We have taken her to the vet several times and he gives her a shot of "Pepcid" and then she is...

Packet sniffer [ 1 Answers ]

I know how to use a packet sniffer and I know that it can give me an idea of what is going on across my network. I have seen that there are programs that will take the packets that I log with my packet sniffer and then complie them to see what the files that are being transferred. Can anyone tell...

View more questions Search