Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikestorm Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Dec 14, 2005, 07:55 PM
    Repairing hairline crack in 1920s utility (laundry) sink
    I just bought a house that has an old concrete double basin utility sink. The right basin has a hairline crack and leaks water. I'd hate to sledge and remove it and was hoping this is fixable. Any suggestions?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2005, 04:21 AM
    There's all sorts of stuff for that: There are mortars, hydraulic cements - and even lots of stuff in tubes, like epoxy's and other "gunk" that are designed for concrete.

Glance around here:
    http://www.quikrete.com/catalog/catalog_repair.html

... or go to Lowe's or Home Depot's Adhesives asile and you'll see tons of stuff.

Lots of stuff will work - so look closely at how the product looks when it dries. That may end up being what helps you decide which one is best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extending utility sink drain for bar sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have a utility sink in my walk-out basement - that sink's 1.5 inch drain connection is approx. 18" above the floor, into a two inch horizontal run. This 2 inch horizontal PVC runs about 3 feet, then connects to a main 3" DWV. I would like to add a bar sink, set into a standard height (36")...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Removing utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

I will be removing a utility sink and cabinet and will not be replacing it. My question revolves around the drain coming out from the wall.The water lines have shut off valves which will remain in place in case the utility sink were to be needed at a later time so they are not the issue. Can I...

Crack in pipe that enters the wall under sink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a crack in the chrome pipe that goes from the wall into the PVC that my kitchen sink dumps into. Is there a way to fix this without ripping out the wall and replacing that pipe?

Installing Utility Sink in Basement Laundry [ 3 Answers ]

I want to install a utility sink in my basement laundry. Can I hook the drain into the Stand Pipe for the washer? Or, do I have to hook it into one of the other main waste stacks that drop from the main floor above?

View more questions Search