Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niqielee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection?
    Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 25, 2010, 01:10 PM
    Yes.

Aug 25, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Yes.
    I know it can if you send a file or something to it from the laptop but I meant if they just share a wireless connection through a modem and never send files and such to one another.
    BossMan

Aug 25, 2010, 01:45 PM
    There are a huge number of self propagating viruses that have a network scanning component that searches for other machines to infect.

Aug 25, 2010, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    There are a huge number of self propagating viruses that have a network scanning component that searches for other machines to infect.
    Oh OK I was just asking because I had asked Geek Squad that and they said highly unlikely to that happening. But thanks for the help.:D
    BossMan

Aug 25, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Shame they don't really have any clue about what happens in the real life.
    So far I have dealt with a number of viruses on a GLOBAL scale that use that method for propagation.

Aug 25, 2010, 03:14 PM

Oh wow but why attack my computer I don't have a big information on my stuff and bad credit lmao!! I am just a regular person with internet connection lol... smh what is the world coming to??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mums lap top has a virus... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, So I got a trojan somehting rather on my mum's lap top and now I can't get it to do any thing. It first asked me to down load something but I wasnt' paying attention so I clicked yes... We all know that's a bad idea, anyway I disconnected it from the internet and stopped it from...

Lap-top will not connect to wireless router [ 2 Answers ]

I have a regular computer and recently went to high speed Internet. 12 year old in the house has her own lap-top machine. The installed wireless router worked well on both machines, but after a month or so, the lap-top just will not connect to the Internet. If I disconnect my desk-top machine and...

Swapping hard drives from Lap Top to Lap top [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks to this forum, we have declared my hard drive on our Dell laptop corrupt. We have another Dell LAptop that has a good hard drive but the monitor hinge part is broken and it just flops around. I was wondering if we could take out the hard drive from the broken screen one and put it in the lap...

How Do I determine if my desk top has a card for wireless set up? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up my sons desktop to a wireless network. It is a Dell and should have a wireless card. How can I figure out if it really does.

Can I back up my desk top onto my lap top? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk top and a lap top which have wireless connection to the internet. My lap top has no ethernet port and my desk top has no infra red. Can you suggest how I can use my lap top to back up my desk top? Would USB to USB work?

View more questions Search