Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    domaor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2019, 09:07 AM
    Furnace runs multiple times
    My armstrong furnace lately will run, cool down, shut down & immediately turn back on.
    Will do this 2 or 3 times and then finally stay off. Seems to do it only during 1st program of the day & then is fine for the rest of the day.
    I have noticed at times I do not here the thermostat 'click' for shutdown when it acts up. Thermostat??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 11, 2019, 10:59 AM
    Or one of those electronic safety features screwing up, like a airflow sensor, or fan motor sensor, ignition switch, or any of a number of do hickeys on your furnace. They only way to tell is with a skilled tech. Someone that knows how to check stuff and the tools to check stuff with, and most important, know what to check.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2019, 02:19 PM
    Could be as simple as a dirty filter or possibly a collapsed cold air return duct, I've seen both of them cause the symptom you describe. The fan off control is overheated by low air flow. When it finally cools down, it resets.
    domaor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2019, 03:31 PM
    When I say immediately turns back on, it'll fire up again, run, cool down and shut off repeatedly 2 or 3 times. I wasn't clear about that.

I had an instance where the filter was dirty and cool down and then fire back up again without shutting down. This isn't that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it bad if your dog poops in a crate multiple times [ 1 Answers ]

I have two dogs and I have had them for about 3 months now. All of the sudden they started going to the bathroom while they slept in the crate. I don't know if they are sick or not, but I'm tired of cleaning it up every morning. I don't know why they are doing that because take them to the bathroom...

My furnace clicks multiple times prior to ignition [ 2 Answers ]

What could be the issue with the furnace clicking multiple times prior to ignition. Sometimes it never ignites. What could be the issue?

Nordyne G7 furnace inducer & blower motor runs but furnace does not lite runs [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace inducer & blower motor operates but the furnace does not lite or burn

Tax treaty multiple times? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a visiting professor from Hungary. I was in the USA working as a postddoc at UNC Chapel Hill from 2002-2005. During this period I was tax exempt based on the Treaty Article 17 for 2 years. Then I returned to Hungary for the next 5 years, and in 2010 I did a short research program (50 days),...

York furnace kicks on and off multiple times then no heat but blower will stay on [ 0 Answers ]

I got my york furnace a few years ago and already had to replace the circuit board last year now this year my furnace will kick on but burners will kick on for about 3 sec then kick right back off it repeats this same pattern about 3 or 4 times before the burners just stay off and then it sounds...

View more questions Search