Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrp18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Limit circuit open
    I have an intertherm gas furnace with a limit circuit open alarm. What can I do/check to clear this alarm?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 5, 2009, 11:29 AM
    The limit opened because there is a problem with your furnace. Locate wiring diagram on your furnace then locate limit then test with meter. Sometimes the limit will have a reset button in the middle to push to reset

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evcon Furnace Model BGD10016AX Limit Circuit Open [ 5 Answers ]

My furnace gives me this code by flashing the led 4 times which reads on the diagram in it that the limit circuit is open- I cleaned then little buttons that I think are the sensors. The blower won't shut of and just blows cold air- the burners are not igniting when I turn the thermostat way up. ...

Limit circuit open [ 2 Answers ]

I have a nordyn furnace. I replace the inducer motor cause it was making a noise and would not run all the time. I also replace a limit switch that is built onto the inducer motor. This limit switch keeps triping and it throws a code of "limit circuit open or external load on "w"." I can...

Noedyne heater "limit circuit" open [ 20 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne heater which has been working great for the last 4 years. Tonight, however, the blowers are constantly operating even though the thermostat is off. The red indicator light is indicating that the limit circuit is open or there's and external load on "W". Which I think refers to the...

Nordyne Furnace "burner limit circuit open", during A/C operation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Hope this makes sense and required info is present. Any help or suggestions is appreciated, thanks. Furnace brand is Nordyne, about 3 years old, cooling portion model# of unit is JS3BA-036KA. This issue started last week. The A/C still works, but now the blower portion? Doesn't shut...

View more questions Search