Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael_martin22 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 11:13 PM
    Re-enlistment to Active Duty possible?
    I just received an Honorable Discharge in August of 2008. Due to the economy and the Job market... I am wanting too re-enlist back into Active Duty Status. My discharge was a Ch. 5-13 Personality Disorder Discharge. Does anyone know the stipulations, like: will I have too get re-evaluated by a doctore at the meps station before I can sign another contract?? The major who read me my discharge, told me that I could re-enlist back into active duty, but I would have too wait 365 days! Is their possibly a waiver too get around that? I'm just really clueless! I will really appreciate it if anybody, a U.S Army recruiter... etc. Thanks.
    TimVet4thID Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Under a Chapter 5-13 Personality disorder it is possible to get back into the military, but it will require a waiver. It will take some time and it may even be hard to find a recruter that would perpair a waiver for you. I wish you the best of luck.

Srg, Timothy Springer
    US Army

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marines Enlistment Bonus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is abraham , just turned 24 years old,I am currently in college and will graduate with an associates in ART this semester. I am planning to join the marines The reason that I am joining the military its to serve my country & become a quality citizen for society. I have some debts that I ...

Taxes on my re-enlistment bonus [ 1 Answers ]

How much of my re-enlistment bonus is going to be taxed if I'm getting 29,500 my state taxes doesn't matter too much because I'm getting all that back. I just want to know how much of that money is going to hit my acct?

Married to a Active Duty and want to Relocate my kids before papers are filed [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been having issues. He's AD in the military I am prior service. We've been married 7 years he's been in the military since 1998. It was an abusive (Verbal) relationship. There has been a few physical scuffs but nothing I ever documented the way I should have. The last...

View more questions Search