Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suresh_raj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 07:42 AM
    Tax on H1-B visa
    Dear tax expert,
    Presently, I am single, from India, starting to work as a post-doctoral associate, in a university (non-profit organization).The designation is of employee status in the university. I am paid 37K per annum plus for my medicare. How much I may have to pay as my taxes annually, when I go with H1-B visa to USA? How much I should pay when I get married and bring my spouse (in H4-dependant).

Regards,
    Suresh
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 9, 2006, 08:07 PM
    On $37K, and assuming you get married and file jointly, your tax liability will be about $2,300.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi WHich tax form do u file my visa status changed from f1 to h1 on January 1, 2005 and I have been on the h1 this past year. Do I fill a 1040NR-ez or 1040-ez

H4 Visa Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on H1B visa since June 2004. Before that I was on F1 visa from 2001 to 2004. I got married in May 2005 and my wife came to US on H4 visa in July 2005. She has not been working. I understand that I will have to apply with form W7 to get ITIN for my wife as she is not eligible for...

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search