Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I_my_kids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 10:55 PM
    My sisters kids were adopted out and now they recently have contacted me
    First let me tell you my sisters story. My sister has had a long history of a drug addiction, and has 6 children n one on the way due anyday the sad thing is she lost custody of all of them the first two she took care of them till they were 2 and 10months then she got back n the drugs n one day left them with my mom n never went back for them the saddest thing is my mom also kept n took care if them for I want to say about almost 2years n than she lost custody of them because of one of the child's father who was trying to get cusotdy of them but was a alcoholic so my mom let the state take them because she couldn't get a hold of my sister n my was scared he woukd take them from her thank god the state disaporrved n ended up putting them in foster care n eventually were adopted out one day I ran in to them in the store n I on recognized him n asked him his name n he told yeah its his name n I asked him to find his mom so I coukd talk to her n I did n we had a simple talk they know they r adopted because they were adopted at 4 and 5 n still remember some of there past anyway I thinks the adooted mom felt uncomfortable but she asked me for my info n I give it to her and this was 4 years ago Ithought I was never going to hear from them n now just the other day she wrote me, I cried I'm so excited to write back just don't know what to say they asked in the letter for oicturs n sent me picturs n asked if I can remember anything about their past n parents n medical history because they are having physical n emotional concerns n I have asked everyone in my family n we have stories its just that I don't know how to tel them about my sister their bio mother I also have adopted her 3rd oldest child n I have allways let her see her when ever she wants n has more like a aunt n niece type of relation even though my daughter know sge is adooted n that is her real mother n I am her mommy foremost I just want my daughter adopted to have some type of conecction with them n I am so thankful of their family fir writing n sending pics and adking questions I know it must be hard for that family but they r getting older and want to know I just want to make sure I can give them the answers they need without making my sister looking bad n beable to keep contact in the future can anyone help with a little advice thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Not sure what advice you want. There is no way to not make your sister look bad. You have to give the facts, which is that she is a weak person who is subject to addictions and shouldn't be having children since she is incapable of caring for them.

However, you can tell them they they have half siblings and other family who would like to get to know them better. You also need to make sure they understand that their adoptive parents are their immediate family, their mommy and daddy. That you have no intention of doing anything about that. You just want them to know they have an extended family as well.

I don't know how you handled it in that initial meeting, but I commend you for not pursuing it and letting them make the next move.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was recently contacted by a 20 year old girl living in WV, she says I'm her dad [ 28 Answers ]

I want to know if I will owe back child support since I was never made aware of her until now. She wants me to take a paternity test, will this make me liable for child support. Her mother was married when she was born and her step dads name is on her birth certificate.

Are my kids really adopted? [ 3 Answers ]

My husbands family say that they adopted my children without our concent or our knowledge, how can I find out if this is true and can I get my kids back? It has been a little over 1 year, I have asked to see sometype of documentation but no one can produce it. Is there anything that I can do?

I want to my sisters kids [ 1 Answers ]

my sis and her x husband have been fighting for the rights of there kids and he is trying to keep the kids away from here by lying to the couts about thing to get the kids from her and me what can we do to stop it

Sisters kids [ 1 Answers ]

I have legal custody of my sister 2 youngest kids who are 2 and 7 and her 17 year old daughter is still in foster care she lost her parental rights to the oldest my sister been using crack for years she used it with her 7 year old but stop 2 months before she was born and she smoked crack with her...

What is this movie- 3 kids being adopted [ 1 Answers ]

3 kids(siblings) are going to be adopted but they don't want to be separated and the little girl has a dream that they get adopted by a rich family and they can't go into this one room in the house in her dream and the girl goes in and everyone in her dream gets mad at her saying its all her fault...

View more questions Search