Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chemistryteacher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 09:57 AM
    How to teach chemistry
    I work now as chemistry teacher in a matriculation school.The students are not interested to listen chemistry class and so they score less marks in my subject. Please guide me. Tell me the way, how to create interest on chemistry.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:49 PM
    Hi, chemistryteacher!

Do you have some sort of guidelines that you're already supposed to be following concerning the curriculum, please?

Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 01:01 PM

Do you have labs during the week? Always connect the lessons in the classroom with a practical application in the lab. Here is one site --

home - Practical Chemistry

For more ideas, Google "practical chemistry" (without the quote marks).
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2010, 01:02 PM

We all have different learning styles,have you ever done the 'honey and mumford learning style questionaire'?

It gives a detailed explanation of your style of teaching/training and how to improve it.

Within the guidelines of your classroom keep in mind the following.

These are percentages of how we retain information.

10% of what we read

20% of what we hear

30% of what we see

50% of what we see and hear

70% of what we discuss

90% of what we say and do

Ask the other teachers about the methods they use and get their input also.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jul 23, 2010, 03:33 PM

I took chemistry in college and I liked it a lot. The teacher I had often told us about how what we were learning was related certain jobs. She also showed us videos of reactions and videos that were related to what we were learning. I think that if you try things like this, it can take the boredom out of just learning by listening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teach, talk [ 5 Answers ]

How do you teach a two year old to talk ? :)

Teach me? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an online student, going for my Bachelors degree in Human and Social Services. I am in the last week of my finance class, and so far I have surprised myself with good marks. I am not asking for someone to do this problem for me, but I can not figure out where to begin, I need some help, please...

How to teach teachers [ 3 Answers ]

I Must Lead A Teacher Training Course For 3 Days With A Group Of 15 Teachers.any Tips Or Ideas ?

How should I teach her about God? [ 7 Answers ]

In my school there is this girl that thinks about killing herself. She is in her brothers gang and cuts her arms. She has told people that she thinks about killing herself, and has almost killed someone. She is not dangerous anymore. I would really like to teach her about god. I am wondering...

Should I teach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if you could advise me concerning my current education situation. I'm a sophomore tunring into a junior at Rowan University and I was pursuing a major in English and certification to be a teacher. I wanted to be a high school or middle school English/Literature teacher, but I...

View more questions Search