Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JENNAG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2003, 04:12 PM
    Printer software
    Help.

This is something that has been making my brain go biserk.
    I have bought a printer at a resale store in great condition, but I don't have those little disks with it to set it up into my computer. I went to the hewlett packard website (it's a deskjet648) , went to printers and downloads, but it is at this point that I get totally lost. What do I need to have to get the software? Is it something that download to the hard drive or a disk? Printer drivers? I just want to print for my classes! I have no idea what to do. It talks about ports, what the heck is a port? How do I do it?

Thanks

Jenna g
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 16, 2003, 09:03 PM
    printer software
    What you want to look for is a "printer driver." (The driver is a piece of software that will tell your computer the printer exists and how to use it. :)) What you need to download is a file to your hard drive (or to a disk, it doesn't matter) and run it. It will set up everything for you.

To make things a bit easier, here is the link for the Deskjet 648c (That's what you have, right?):
    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...191&sw_lang=en
    Go there and click your operating system, then just click the driver link to download it. Run the file once and your printer will be working in no time.

Hope this helps...
    ~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which printer is best? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a question, slightly similar to another thread, but not quite. I'm looking to buy a printer, just for printing out Word documents, invoices, scripts and that sort of thing. I would be potentially running off about a hundred pages a week minimum. I am sick of paying extortionate...

HP Printer 950 [ 3 Answers ]

My HP All in One 950 psc printer works fine on the print function, but on copy and on scan it will say "warming up" and just sit there. I have turned off, unplugged, reset, and still nothing. Occasionally it will work, but usually not. Any suggestions? ...

Which printer should I go with? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been considering purchasing a printer that has the capability of printing onto DVDs and CDs, which I see Epson is really taking up on. Currently, I have a very nice Dell All-In-One Printer with LCD screen, etc... and it works great, but ALL cartridges must be bought from Dell, which tends...

Printer [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Epson Stylus Photo Printer that I want to install on the Windows XP. When I get to a certain point of in the installing, it reads that if I continue it may impair or destablize the operation of the system. It will let me continue or quit. Would the Epson work with the XP?

View more questions Search