Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradleyklimp Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2010, 07:54 PM
    Goodman furnace guso50-2 thermostat wiring instructions for 2 wire thermostat
    Looking to hook up a 2 wire heat only thermostat as the door with the weiring diagram is missing it's a goodman guso50-2?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 5, 2010, 01:50 AM
    The thermostat will use the R or RH=RED wire and terminal along with the W=white wire and terminal.
    ritukuls Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 08:32 AM

Well in two wire system polarity doesn't matter.

You can put any wire in the power terminals which will be R or RH

And other in W

Make sure if it's low voltage the volatge should be min 20VAC - 30 VAC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring thermostat 5 wire [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace, electric a/c. When replacing thermostat with Hunter 44110, must have misunderstood directions. AC works fine, but nothing happens when switching over to heat and it is freezing out! Wired Green to G, Red to RC, Blue to RH, Yellow to Y and White to W. Removed the jump wire...

Thermostat Wiring - what to do with Y2 wire [ 3 Answers ]

My Honeywell TH6220 thermostat quit working and I purchased a Honeywell RTH6400 Thermostat. The old thermostat has a Y2 wire. What should I do with it on the RTH6400? It only has G, W (O/B) Y, R, and RC. The installation guide says nothing about what to do with Y2. Any help is appreciated.

Wiring new thermostat with B wire, also g,and w [ 1 Answers ]

Have an old Robertshaw Energy Manager thermostat. It has a three wires connected: a G/F, a W/H/4, and one attached to B. There is also a jumper between R/RH/5 to Rc. There is no R wire. I need to wire my new Honeywell RTH6300B and don't know where the B wire goes. It has the G/F, W/O/B, Y, R, and...

4 wire thermostat wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased a Hunter 44660 thermostat. I have four wirers coming to the thermostat Red Green White Blue Options to wire to stat Y1 RH RC1 RC

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

View more questions Search