Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    okeowochampion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 11:52 AM
    New construction of a banquet hall
    My wife and I are interested in building a multi purpose function hall . We have a lot of equity on our home. We do not have a lot of experience, we need somebody to advise us on how to go about this project.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Having been involved in two major home construction projects myself...

Start by thinking through what it is you want.. approx square footage, fireplace, window styles, ceiling style, any special features you would like, etc. Then go to an architect for a consultation - an architect can determine the structural aspects of the project, will probably come up with some suggestions that you may not have thought of yourself, and check zoning requirements. Do you have a builder in mind? Ask your neighbors and friends for recommendations, and be sure to check the Better Business Bureau. Your builder will be able to get the necessary permits and should have some good tradesmen he works with on a regular basis (plumber, electrician, mason, roofer, etc). In general just take it slow, ask a lot of questions, and remember that it's your home, and so you need to thoroughly understand all aspects of the project.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2007, 12:27 PM
    I would suggest contacting score.org and sba.gov for startup help.

You need to find a location, get an architect to draw up plans. Get local permits. And much more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start up Billiard Hall [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking to start up a pool hall in my area. Before I do so, I am looking for information about startup. In particular, how big a space do I need? how many tables for my geographic population. How full can I expect my tables to be? what is the typical profit margin for pool halls? Does...

New construction venting [ 3 Answers ]

Building a new house in California on a slab . Is there a limit to the number of "units" revented per roof vent ? I am doing 2 bathrooms, a laundry room plus a kitchen sink in one end of the house. This bathroom (tub, lav, w/c ) is back to back with the laundry room (washing machine). I would...

2006 Hall of Fame [ 3 Answers ]

It was announced last night on Mondat Night Raw Brett Hart and Eddie Guerrero will be inducted int o the Hall Of Fame..

Pool Hall [ 0 Answers ]

Hello experts, I'm about to start my own bar & pool hall business. I've found this existing bar & restaurant & it's seemed relevant for what I've aimed for. But there is one problem. The bar area is not big enough to put any pool tables. This place also comes with a four-bedrooms apartment...

View more questions Search