Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

Jan 18, 2006, 05:39 PM
    Playboy girlfirend problem.. real problem
    I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other).

She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing.

Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100% playboy, from the walls, to her lamps, clocks, many playboy bunny signs everywear, computer desktop wallpaper was a playboy bunny logo.. well.. you name it she had it (she even had a tiny playboy bunny tattoo on her back area).

Now I'm wondering... does this mean she is a slut/*****?/ a gold-digger (like all of hugh hefners playmates)?? Does she want to be a playmate?? Is she a sex freak??

I am thinking this because back in Italy, only the prostitutes and women who are like 'sluts' are fans of playboy stuff (but, I've got big plans for my current girlfriend but also don't want to shatter them if I make one silly mistake by assuming something just by one small stupid logo).

I'd only like answers from women (straight women) please.. and what it means if a girl is an insane playboy fan?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2006, 06:03 PM
    Poohbear
    Many women have all sorts of collections, all sorts of obsections. Many come, many go.

My wife when we meet was poohbear crazy, clothes, necklace, ear rights, shoes, posters, stuffed animals ( no tattoo)

Why not merely ask her, or perhaps date her for a while and find out.

Many years ago I worked with several clothing designer, as a man working in that field, everyone first assumed I was gay ( and this was in the 70's) when it was not politically correct to be so ** and of course I was not, but it was common in the clothing industry at that time.

Well anyway working with models, sewing machines, patterns, I had a love for sewing, I had sewing machines everywhere, small ones on the shelfs and so on. If you came into my home, there were cloth and patterns everywhere,

Related to that, we designed most of the Bunny clothing, garters, and all other sort of items they also sold in their clubs. First professional bunnies are not sluts, they are very high paid professional models.

And having known many of the bunnies from those years, they are not gold diggers in general, yes they are using their looks to make money but they are merely selling their product, their looks the best way they can.

Now perhaps she is a want a be model or just has a desire for more adventure in here life.

And finally even if others do this for this reason or that reason, it does not mean this lady is doing it for the same reason.

If she is a wonder lady and you life her, and she likes you, why care.

If you really want to know, ask her, or just wait and see how it goes.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 18, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Well women do love bunny rabbits. They are rather cuddly. How does she act? Does she act like she's that sort of person? If she's all up on other men all the time then you better watch out. If she acts like she has respect for herself and for you then no worries.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Jan 18, 2006, 09:29 PM
    It doesn't really say much about her other than she may be collecting Playboy stuff. Try asking her about her collection and see what she is up to.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Jan 18, 2006, 09:42 PM
    So what? Ok, she likes playboy... and? Maybe it is a little "over the top" but should this really be a MAJOR problem?? I don't think so. Im sure you have collected things over the years as a kid and what not, she just LIKES playboy... alot. I don't think that makes her a slut in any way, and we surely can't make a statement like that based on a collection. I say if it is that big of a problem, then look for another girl. Get over yourself bud, its not the end of the world. How old is she?
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Jan 18, 2006, 09:52 PM
    My daughter and MY WIFE are both into it. Don't mind with my wife, but I got to watch what I say around my 22yo daughter
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Jan 18, 2006, 11:44 PM
    Woman love collecting things... some like shoes, some like purses, she likes the logo and anything that has the logo she purchases. I think its how she acts and behaves like... does she eye other men? Ask her about the collection, how or why she started collecting if it makes you uncertain.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 19, 2006, 12:57 AM
    Spyyder, just because your girlfriend choose to wear the Playboy logo doesn't mean she's a slut or a lesbian. You can't judge a book by its cover. Your girlfriend probably has the logos because it's popular and fashionable. It's really not a big deal if she flaunts it, some people like to collect things and it just so happens that she collects Playboy merchandises. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you have a problem with her bunny logos, then you should move on. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing my Playboy bunny ears right now.
    saan Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2006, 01:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saan
    Hey, its not about what she likes or wears that makes her.... its about who she is. And u claim to luuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvv her alot then u should know better. You must never live your life for others, only for yourself. If you feel @#%^*)(^%%$>>>>L ,,..O...V3%^^E and ur heart skips a beat when ur with her then I think its definitely worth giving a chance!!!
    You never really lose until you quit trying!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 06:44 AM
    Hi, Spyyder,
    Since you said she is a new girlfriend, then please give it some time. Building a relationship takes time, and then you will know much more about her. Many people have hobbies, of collecting different things. Just because she likes Playboy is nothing new.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and please get to know her better, before you decide whether to move on or not.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 08:05 AM
    Just because she is a huge fan of playboy, does not mean she is a slut?

You cannot judge someone by that or by what anyone else says. You have to take your time getting to know her. Hanging out together, talking to her etc. Then you can make your own judgment. It's what is inside that counts, the exterior should not even be an issue.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 19, 2006, 11:42 AM
    I don't think its necessarily on what she collects but her attitude. Collections are just that, collections. The playboy stuff is very popular now and she probably has taken a liking to it. That shouldn't be the concern. But if she has a stuck up materialistic personality and thinks that this collection defines her status as a woman then that would concern me. Because lets face it "Playboy" in a name stands for sex and material status. Just watch her attitude and see. It's a little to soon to make any judgements at this point.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 12:13 PM
    No one has seemed to touch on this aspect of it... but if a Playmate saw your post, she would probably beat your a$$.

Just because someone posses for Playboy does NOT make her a slut, lesbian, whore, or whatever else you are calling them. Most of them are very respectable women. Im sure most of them have a better job than you do... doctors, lawyers, models, etc. They have beautiful bodies and if they want to model them or show them off, they should not categorized as "sluts."
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Fred's right... give her some time. But be cautious.

She may just be into the logo... but also could be slutty. Don't fall for her or get too close too soon. You'll know soon enough.

I think it's a little much. And that simply means one thing.
    SoonToBeMumOf5 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 10:57 AM
    I have stuff like playboy bag, jewery, clothes but I mean my room isn't covered in it and my husband would deny me to get are bedroom like anyway.. lots of kids think the logo is cool and she may satill be acting like a child thinking she's cool... she may want to be like the playmates but you'd just need to ask her all you can do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Not a real problem, just a question to make you think? [ 22 Answers ]

Ok I had a friend at work ask me this and I'm passing it on here. Suppose you married your high school sweetheart and were married happily for 25 years. The marriage produced one child. Then one day after 25 years your spouse suddenly died. After the greiving period you met and married...

Win 32 problem! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, new to the site so sorry if this is a stupid question! I have just given my old computer to my 11 year old son to update his windows 98 PC as he has just bought a new star wars game that will only run on 2000/xp. So far so good but as it was a big program I decided to delete a lot of...

Little Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not too sure that one of my private parts look how it should. I don't know what to do..

Real big problem, any help would be great! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I gave my parents my W2s every year since I started working in 2000. They told me they would file my taxes for me... they did not. Also they do not have any of my W2s. So... I need to file taxes soon and I need to know the easiest way I can file returns late. So I have had all my taxes...

View more questions Search