Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WannaBeSafe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 10:22 AM
    Cancelled ADT Monitoring on my Safewatch Pro 3000
    The ADT person I contacted to cancel service kept harassing me to stay as a customer and told me if I cancelled my hardwired smoke and fire alarms would not sound and I wouldn't be "safe". I thought the system would still sound and function even though they just don't monitor it anymore is that correct? I unplugged the phone line connection so that ADT can't go in and download software to reprogram my panels just in case. So my main question: Will my Smoke/Fire Dectectors still sound an alarm noise if there is smoke or fire in my home so we will wake up or be alerted to danger?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 5, 2015, 01:20 PM
    They wouldn't HAVE do download something to shut them down. If they were smart they would have written code into the software that required a system keep alive handshaking when contacting the network on a regular basis to keep it working... without it it would simply go inert. Like a cable TV box. Where functions are dependent on what you level of service you are paying for, easily done since every system has a unique hard-coded identifier'

Now if it will or not... we need to wait for someone more familiar than me with the specific unit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2015, 11:18 PM
    Several issues,

Most of the systems will, so test it. Put some smoke near the sensor and see if it will, then you will know. The system is suppose to work, even if phone lines are disconnected, The issue is also, who owns the system, did you actually pay for and buy the system, or does ADT actually still own the system.

Also, you need to cancel your service in writing, alarm companies and ADT (from personal experience) may continue to bill you, if they claim you did not cancel according to written contract. They make it hard to cancel, depending on terms of your contract.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2015, 05:47 AM
    ADT is as bad as comcast when it comes to harassment. Don't believe a word they say.
    I agree with all the above about "it depends." Especially who installed the physical equipment and who owns it.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2015, 08:39 AM
    If System was originally programmed for Fire to be Audible, which it should have been. Then it should still work. Unplugging from Jack(RJ-31X) it should restore phones but take Alarm System out of the loop. You likely will get 2 Troubles, Failure to Communicate, and Loss of Phone Line. Need to disable both in programming to eliminate troubles. If you Own, can help further. Good Luck
    Not Familiar with the Safewatch Pro 3000. Will search in a minute. Hopefully it is actually a DSC. They also use Ademco.

It was Ademco. http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...emco+Vista+20P
    Is system yours and is Panel Physically locked?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancelled ADT outside alarm went off [ 1 Answers ]

How do I disable the system completely? The red light is on outside and that's where an alarm went off this morning. I pushed a tab button and the alarm stopped for now, but Im certain it will go off again. How do I prevent that and disable the system altogether?

Cancelled ADT service but my alarm keeps beeping. [ 2 Answers ]

The alarm is a GE Security part No: 60-806 60-806-95R. I have disconnected the battery in the main box and disconnected the phone. I still get beeping. Can you help?

Cancelled ADT service but my alarm keeps beeping and trouble light on. WHY? [ 17 Answers ]

Cancelled ADT service but my alarm keeps beeping and trouble light on. WHY?

Self Purchase and Code Wireless Sensor for ADT Pro Panel System [ 1 Answers ]

I have a water damaged wireless remote window sensor for an ADT Safewatch Pro wireless control panel system in my home. 1) Can I buy a sensor somewhere that is compatible and install it back in the window frame myself? Is so where and roughly how much. ADT cost is unreasonable for a simple...

View more questions Search